Is there a 1-2” lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys,
I’m new as a member here, but have looked here for reference many times over the years.

I’ve owned my 2001 1500 4x4 Sport single cab since the day it was new. I love my truck and plan to keep it forever. I don’t really off-road much anymore past occasionally driving on the beach, and it is still daily driven. I know most people here seem to be into bigger mods, but I’m looking To keep my truck clean and looking mostly like the way it did 18 years ago. I’m sure with time that the springs have gradually sagged a bit, and I’ve always kinda wished it was just a slight bit taller anyway, but not wanting to get into aftermarket rims or bigger tires. I run 285/75r16 now, and that’s the biggest I can really comfortably go on factory wheels.

I’ve searched and can’t seem to find anything but leveling kits and 3 inch lifts as the starting point. I don’t care for the look of leveling kits. I’d prefer to keep it closer to the stock stance, but just lift 1-2” max. Preferably something with an absolute minimum of modifications. Is there an option out there to do that?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
For the front a 2" level, offroad edition springs or 2500 diesel/v10 springs are about your only option. The 2" level isn't too gaudy and noticeable so it's a pretty good bet. The rear you can simply run the monroe or gabriel load leveling shocks. They actually lift it just a hair.

For reference, i put on a 2" HellBentSteel level. My rear springs are so worn out it have my truck some cali lean, about an inch and a half. Put those load leveling shocks on and it had a factory style rake to it again to about a 1.5" difference

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
This isn't exactly what was asked for, but at one time Superlift made a weld in lower spring bucket that would net about 3/4 inch of lift depending on the spring.
While these were designed for correcting "Dodge lean" they might work.
I don't believe that I'd trust a set of junkyard springs anymore. Buying new Moog replacement springs and adding the lower buckets might get you what you want

OP
OP
Spike95

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for response guys. After some more searching for a new set of springs, I randomly happened upon a set of 1 inch coil spacers made by Daystar. They are intended for leveling purposes. Thinking I could do those on the front and a 1 inch taller block than the factory rear has. Thinking maybe I could get away with doing that without having to go to taller shocks or stiffer springs. I rarely tow anything, and would rather have a softer ride if anything. If I had to choose, I’d take ride quality over height. I love tall trucks, but this is my city daily driver that doesn’t see off-road more than once a year anymore.

JoeRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for response guys. After some more searching for a new set of springs, I randomly happened upon a set of 1 inch coil spacers made by Daystar. They are intended for leveling purposes. Thinking I could do those on the front and a 1 inch taller block than the factory rear has. Thinking maybe I could get away with doing that without having to go to taller shocks or stiffer springs. I rarely tow anything, and would rather have a softer ride if anything. If I had to choose, I’d take ride quality over height. I love tall trucks, but this is my city daily driver that doesn’t see off-road more than once a year anymore.

When I had my second gen RAM I did spacers on top of the front coils and add a leafs in the rear. Got me 2" lift both front and back.