It Appears Major Discount are Back in Play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Anyone looking for a new pickup might want to check these out. This is a Canada promotion but would imagine the States are doing the same.

1700673235465.png

are

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I know they are looking to move 2500's this month because there is a recall coming on 12/1 for a 2500 Stop Sale for trucks build after 9/2023. Not sure what the recall is but they are working to move as many as they can before then.

Adam

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It just isn't RAM offering discounts, looks like Ford is offering up discounts too. I don't know if GM dealers are, they typically don't and if they do they don't like it. If anyone is looking for an F150 (they even have a fair number of the once hard-to-get Broncos), I know where you can get all you want for a song and dance.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I noticed something today, that i can't wrap my head around

There is a piece of property that is owed by a large dealership, on that property there is usually Brand new Trucks, they are stored there because there is no room on the Sales Lots.
Right now, the Sales Lots are about 1/2 full.
Right now, in that storage lot, is completely full of cars & those cars are not new !!

The only possible reason that i can think of, is those cars are going to be auctioned off ??
Could that dealership get a sudden glut of brand new vehicles & sell them that quickly ?

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed something today, that i can't wrap my head around

There is a piece of property that is owed by a large dealership, on that property there is usually Brand new Trucks, they are stored there because there is no room on the Sales Lots.
Right now, the Sales Lots are about 1/2 full.
Right now, in that storage lot, is completely full of cars & those cars are not new !!

The only possible reason that i can think of, is those cars are going to be auctioned off ??
Could that dealership get a sudden glut of brand new vehicles & sell them that quickly ?
Most likely auctioned. When I got our 1500 a couple of months ago I had to sell our Hyundai Santa Fe. I took it to the dealership a few weeks ago and they bought it. They had placards on the waiting area tables exclaiming get a KBB blue book offer same day. So, who knows...maybe State Street, Vanguard are now buying up used vehicles to keep the market from imploding with many people being upside down?

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And these new vehicle discounts I would think are due to the high interest rates coupled with high MSRP, especially Dodge. Hopefully the discounts are a legit market correction and we get back to normal dealership fishing and shenanigans rather than this 14th level of hell that has been inflation.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Anyone looking for a new pickup might want to check these out. This is a Canada promotion but would imagine the States are doing the same.

View attachment 532154
it depends in Winnipeg they are only doing 25% off classics the 5 gen is about 12% off and no discounts worth mentioning on 2500 and 3500s

are

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
@barr0208

When I ordered my truck in January this year, I went to 3 dealerships within 2 hours of me. All of them said, "The online build price is what you pay. No deals, no incentives, no rebates." It's still that way.

JamesCrowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is why I bought a Ram classic.
1) there was a new body style ram tradesmen 4x4 for under 50k that caught my attention
2) dealer had at least a half dozen classics in the 50-53k range equipped how I would actually want a truck
3)ford makes supercabs special order, so dozens of dealerships had none, and 63-66k with less options than my classic makes it even less palatable. Order new and wait undetermined amount.
4)none of the dealerships I checked with for Chevy had double cabs, nor were interested in looking for any. Buddy and his brother run a GM dealership amongst others and best could do was find me 2 demos with 6-8,000km on them, still 58k for Chevy Custom, and that's no low range 4x4. Order new for mid sixties and wait undetermined amount.

Ram basically sold itself. It was there infront of me ten grand cheaper than the competition.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
1) there was a new body style ram tradesmen 4x4 for under 50k that caught my attention
2) dealer had at least a half dozen classics in the 50-53k range equipped how I would actually want a truck
3)ford makes supercabs special order, so dozens of dealerships had none, and 63-66k with less options than my classic makes it even less palatable. Order new and wait undetermined amount.
4)none of the dealerships I checked with for Chevy had double cabs, nor were interested in looking for any. Buddy and his brother run a GM dealership amongst others and best could do was find me 2 demos with 6-8,000km on them, still 58k for Chevy Custom, and that's no low range 4x4. Order new for mid sixties and wait undetermined amount.

Ram basically sold itself. It was there infront of me ten grand cheaper than the competition.
I like my new RAM, but the only reason I have a RAM and not a Chevy (#1 choice), or a Ford (#2 choice) is because RAM was the only one that would let me order one the way I wanted. The others said I had to take what was on the lot. They had nothing even close to what I wanted on their lots, so...here I am.

JamesCrowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like my new RAM, but the only reason I have a RAM and not a Chevy (#1 choice), or a Ford (#2 choice) is because RAM was the only one that would let me order one the way I wanted. The others said I had to take what was on the lot. They had nothing even close to what I wanted on their lots, so...here I am.

Ford was my first choice. As I could configure a Supercab 4x4 with 2000# payload and an E locker, AND 3.73 gears.
But it's pricing and an undetermined wait time pushed me away. Would have been my third new Ford. I guess I'm too blue collar for them.
I guess I'm oddball for wanting an extended cab truck with a six and a half foot bed. *Shrug*

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ford was my first choice. As I could configure a Supercab 4x4 with 2000# payload and an E locker, AND 3.73 gears.
But it's pricing and an undetermined wait time pushed me away. Would have been my third new Ford. I guess I'm too blue collar for them.
I guess I'm oddball for wanting an extended cab truck with a six and a half foot bed. *Shrug*
And I'm the oddball redneck for wanting the regular cab with the 8' bed and basically no other options because all I care about is towing/cargo capacity. All I paid extra for was tow hooks ($100), a brake controller ($350), the spray-in bedliner ($550), and the 5th-wheel prep package ($450). And they ended up giving me the bedliner for free because the day it arrived at the dealer one of their mechanics drove another truck into the side of the bed and crunched it. The extra wait was only a couple days for the new bed, but they just gave me the bedliner for my trouble. And I paid noticeably less than $50k for it.

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
I just ordered a 24 Ram 1500 through Mark Dodge in New Orleans. It took just 8 weeks to arrive.

They offer a legit 12.5% off of msrp, and unbelievably today Ram offers factory incentives that real people can get at the time of sale of $4500 + $1000 +1000, and add to that an Affiliate discount of 1%. You don't have to be a vet, a fireman, and don't have to finance with them. (but can)

The odd part of this, is that other dealers act ignorant of the factory incentives, and do all they can to not discuss them. Like they are a secret. Mark Dodge is opposite.

In my case a $72000 Laramie netted down to a real $57000. Add a $500 processing fee, and your state's tax, title, and tags and you are done. No bs. My local dealer claimed he would loose $3000 at Mark's prices. (is someone lying?)

A few other dealers do similar deals like Gupon in TN and Koons in Va, but they'll add 899 processing or add a business license fee etc. Grainger's deals are lousy in Iowa.

You can pick your truck up or transport shipping is about 75 cents a mile to your location.

It's absolutely the best deal on a vehicle you'll get in your life!

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I wouldnt even comtemplate buying a Chevy but thats me. Im not a Chevy snob either. They just dont seem as reliable and dont appeal to me. GMC arent bad but for me its a Ram or Ford and havent had a Ford in 25 years.

WhiteRamBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
@barr0208

When I ordered my truck in January this year, I went to 3 dealerships within 2 hours of me. All of them said, "The online build price is what you pay. No deals, no incentives, no rebates." It's still that way.
Purchased a Ram 1500 Lone Star with Midnite package and one other package that had the truck listed at $56,000. Got $5,000 off list and were very generous on trade. Very happy with my deal and my Ram!

Rylock21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Discounts are very much in play, at least on the remaining 23’s. Just got a Big Horn with msrp of $62,250 for just shy of $11k off total with dealer discount and rebates!

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
On a 24 You can truly get 20% off of msrp if you work with Mark Dodge. On 80k that's a whopping 16k! I know cause I just bought one.