Low oil pressure warning 2020 EcoDiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Windman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
About 50 miles after an oil change I started getting low oil pressure warnings. It seems to be random. Only trend so far seems to be when I start it after shutting off for a short period of time. Sitting for hours or overnight so far it seems to be fine. Yes I've checked the oil level and have pulled the filter housing to see if the O-ring had jumped the grooves. Under warrantee but dealer can't see me for 2 1/2 weeks. Anyone else experience this?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who changed the oil and what oil and weight was put in?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If this is a Gen5 truck (Gen3 EcoDiesel), if memory serves me correctly the oil filter bypass valve is part of the oil filter "cartridge" that gets changed, possible there something wrong with that.
As the previous poster asked, what oil was used?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Also what brand of oil filter was used? IMHO a cheap @ss brand of filter should not be used on a diesel engine...

jamesmillet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0l Ecodiesel
I am having the same problem. I have a 2022 Ram Ecodiesel purchase on April 15, 2023. Did the first oil change on June 25th. I used the Shell Rotella 5W-40 and a Mopar oil filter. Thirteen days after the oil change the low oil pressure idiot light on the dashboard light up. However, when I checked the oil pressure gauge, the pressure reading was normal. The light will go off on its own.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
However, when I checked the oil pressure gauge, the pressure reading was normal. The light will go off on its own.
The oil pressure reading is not from a sensor, it's calculated from the oil temperature and engine rpm.
At least the oil temperature is real on the EcoDiesel, with the Cummins even that is a calculated value also.