NEW "Southfork" Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Recently had to let go of our 2014 1500 5.7 HEMI Laramie Longhorn "we bought used a few years ago" after discovering the HEMI Tick one afternoon.
My local independent MOPAR repairman said we would be looking at least $7,100 for repairs.
With 144K on the odo "KC" had to go.

Went to a dealer in Phoenix and they had the price marked down considerably with all the incentives vs the $80,000.

Got the split tailgate for the wife!

Looking forward to driving this one for a long time.

I do know that keeping up with the oil/filter changes at 5K is a MUST!

Any other recommendations to preserve our new ride!

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpeg
    IMG_1842.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1843.jpeg
    IMG_1843.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1844.jpeg
    IMG_1844.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1845.jpeg
    IMG_1845.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1846.jpeg
    IMG_1846.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1841.jpeg
    IMG_1841.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 14

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Recently had to let go of our 2014 1500 5.7 HEMI Laramie Longhorn "we bought used a few years ago" after discovering the HEMI Tick one afternoon.
My local independent MOPAR repairman said we would be looking at least $7,100 for repairs.
With 144K on the odo "KC" had to go.

Went to a dealer in Phoenix and they had the price marked down considerably with all the incentives vs the $80,000.

Got the split tailgate for the wife!

Looking forward to driving this one for a long time.

I do know that keeping up with the oil/filter changes at 5K is a MUST!

Any other recommendations to preserve our new ride!
Congrats. Beautiful truck.

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Enjoy your new ride! Looks "Sharp"

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
To follow up after 3,000 miles now.
We did a recent trip from Arizona to Seattle.

The truck is light years ahead of our 2014. The ride was great. Plenty of power when needed (even with the 3.21 gearing).
I'm not sure when these engines see better gas mileage... I got 19MPG at 80 MPH in Idaho.

The Harman Kardon stereo sounds amazing even at low volume. SiriusXm was wonderful music on our long drive. However, once we reached outside of Seattle in the wooded areas it's not so great!
We will just renew it when we go back to Arizona again.

Also, I must mention that I have been a detailer all of my life since '77. Both professionally and personally.
My go to leather cleaner and preservative is Chemical Guys. I have tried several different types over the years and this works best IMHO.
The cleaner even took a open mark out of my wife favorite light brown leather chair!

In answer the the "Southfork Edition" question... I believe it is the fancy sticking in the door panel leather.

We have a car trailer at our Arizona home. Eventually I'd like to find a '70 Duster or Demon with a Big Block in it or place one in it.
Since my first MOPAR, the '70 Runner... I've always wanted an "A' body with a Big Block (normally aspirated) with an Auto Trans so the wife can drive it.

I miss the old days of not having all the computer BS and simply building a powerful normally aspirated engine and just melt the tires now and then.

Friend of mine let me borrow this Silver Challenger at the dealer while my wife's vehicle was in for service. Brought back memories and felt nothing like my modified Runner I had in the '70's. That car was hell on wheels!

Also, I placed a clear mask kit on the hood and head lights and did the door sills on entry to the ride. You can buy the 3M material for the door sills on Amazon in a roll and cut it.
I did full mask kits when I ran a detail shop in Washington state.

For those that travel across the country Griot's Bug products are amazing!
I used this on my truck and our 35ft Class A Motorhome front-end and it was a time saver.

Attachments

• 71g5iZEA2yL._AC_SY695_.jpg
    71g5iZEA2yL._AC_SY695_.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0148.jpg
    DSCN0148.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 12.jpeg
    12.jpeg