New "used" truck cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After 6 months of searching Facebook marketplace and Craigslist finally found a matching bed cap for a reasonable price. It does have the optional side window bins on both sides along with the flip up side windows. Never considered that option before, and they are removable. Not sure if I will keep one or both like this or not. They do offer a nice place to store smaller items without having to climb all the way in the bed to get them or worry about them rolling around. The cap also has the sliding rear window, LED lighting, etc... so well optioned.

Main reason I wanted a cap is that I sleep in the back of my truck often when I go out on m SxS or off-road truck for the weekend.

IMG_8114.JPG IMG_8116.JPG

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome how about an interior shot. Is the interior roof carpeted?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Whats it look like from the back? Opened up?

Blue Mule

OP
OP

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My original post got moved and just now found it again and read the questions. I'll try to remember to get a few more interior shots. It is not carpeted or insulated. The side boxes are supported on the back sides by rails that run side to side and attached to the roof.

After looking at the pictures the color of cap appears to be slightly off from the truck. The tag on the cap shows paint code PW7 Bright White and is the same that is stated on the door jam sticker of the truck. I'll give the cap and good wash and wax and see what happens. This cap was originally on a 2012 model 1500 and the tag states it was made in 2011, so it has been exposed to sunlight for quite awhile and who knows when the last time it may have been waxed.

OP
OP

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are some more pics of the contractor boxes that come with the topper. These are optional on certain models of ARE caps. We are going on vacation this weekend so a perfect opportunity to try them out and see how I like having them. They look pretty easy to remove so a chance I may take out one side down the road. Really don't think they will get in the way much of loading stuff either as they are not much further in then the wheelwells, plus they don't hang down past the top of the truck bed.

IMG_8129.JPG

IMG_8130.JPG

OP
OP

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the brake light and interior lights wired up over the weekend.

It has the typical single LED mounted on the upper back of the cab. All of the struts have switches built in that so the lights only come on when the hatch is opened. This is nice feature as all you have to do is pop open the hatch and the light automatically comes on, and you don't have to worry about accidentally leaving it on...just like a car door. There is also a multi position switch that will keep the light on all the time, or keep it off all of the time.

IMG_8141.JPG

The capper also has LED strips lights for when you open the side hatches for the contractor boxes. The struts have the switched in them also so the lights only come on when opened. The only downside is that the side hatch lights will only work if the rear hatch is already open (wiring must run in series). Probably not a huge deal and can change the wiring around later if needed.

Overall pretty happy with the setup. My truck already had the optional bed lights that are mounted in the rear of the bed, so plenty of light.
IMG_8140.JPG