P206/P306 Intermittent Failures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocephus86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've recently gotten stranded twice in the past week.
Background: I've had these faults before in December 2022. I replaced the spark plugs, the coil on plug , and the fuel injector. I also cleaned the other fuel injectors. The problem cleared until May.

The first failure occurred after about 1.5 hours. I swapped the coil on plug with cylinder 1. I started up and it ran fine. I bought a fuel injector and drove on - after about an hour, the codes cleared, and it ran for another 6 hours just fine.
The second failure occurred about 7 hours of driving. I replaced the fuel injector (battery was disconnected) and it started fine. Ran for another 5 hours with no issues.

I had some brief issues in the past month, but the didn't last more than a minute. The truck ran really rough during this time.

I plan to check out the wiring. Additionally, I'm considering replacing the ECM with a refurbished model.

Thoughts? Recommendations?