PCV Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wile E Coyote Jr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hello again.

As the title states, I'm considering a PCV delete.

I'm on my third one. They all rattle like hell whether I'm at part or full throttle. I know they are supposed to rattle to a point, but it sounds like a tensioner going bad.

My idea is to block off the intake side, and run the valve cover side to a vented catch can. I would leave the breather element and tube as it is, running to the intake tube.

What might be some opinions on this?

Jas34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I'm the only one, but I've never heard an engine rattle caused by a pcv valve. I think you have other things going on to have a noise like that.

OP
OP
Wile E Coyote Jr

Wile E Coyote Jr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
OP
OP
Wile E Coyote Jr

Wile E Coyote Jr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Maybe I'm the only one, but I've never heard an engine rattle caused by a pcv valve. I think you have other things going on to have a noise like that.
As stated above.

If I unplug the PCV and block it off, the rattling goes away. Truck runs the same with no other noises.

I also tow 6k with it regularly. I had a pinging issue once, and I swapped to a colder set of plugs. Hasn't happened since. Im very well aware what the noise is and where it's coming from.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It sounds like an abnormal amount of flow through the pvc possibly.
Make sure the upper hole on the pvc valve is towards the exit hose.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry. I assumed you had a 5.7 hemi.
If you do its the hose/tube from the pcv to the intake.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
not a good sign....google "pvc rattle causes"...especially if you replaced three already

MAC830203

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 408
Under idle, it’s engine vacuum draws pressure bypass fumes from the crankcase. That rattle is the from the pistons pumping in pos and neg in and out of the block. https://www.southeastrt.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1629&products_id=11789
You may be in need of an adjustable PCV. Or try the catch can but vented into the exhaust or a ways away from the cab. If you vent into the engine bay, you’ll be smelling that rank oil burnt smell at very stop. Make sure to come back. My issue is rear main seal leaked. Got the adj valve. No leak.