Radio swap between 2 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weredragon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins 6MT
I have 2 Rams, the one I’m keeping, 2015 2500 Cummins 6mt tradesmen and the one I’m going to sell 2014 1500 Laramie ecodiesel. The tradesmen only has the 5 inch radio, the Laramie has the 8.4 uConnect. How hard would it be to switch them? What parts,if any would I need to buy ? Do I need to switch steering wheels as well, to work the 8.4 with the on wheel controls? Is the wiring harness for the steering wheel controls in the tradesmen Otis that extra wiring I need to get? If I’m understanding what I’ve seen so far I need something to change my fan controls from 4 to 7 speed?

Any thing else I’m missing?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Think you can switch them think straight up just transfer ac control block between bezels. Assume the 8.4 is older, without car play and android auto. If using a 8.4 from 2018 newer you would need extra harness from M²Mods in vendor section. Suggest adding new steering wheel controls to your truck you are keeping, pm Benny at All Mopar Parts in vendor section for part. Good luck.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have 2 Rams, the one I’m keeping, 2015 2500 Cummins 6mt tradesmen and the one I’m going to sell 2014 1500 Laramie ecodiesel. The tradesmen only has the 5 inch radio, the Laramie has the 8.4 uConnect. How hard would it be to switch them? What parts,if any would I need to buy ? Do I need to switch steering wheels as well, to work the 8.4 with the on wheel controls? Is the wiring harness for the steering wheel controls in the tradesmen Otis that extra wiring I need to get? If I’m understanding what I’ve seen so far I need something to change my fan controls from 4 to 7 speed?

Any thing else I’m missing?
It's going to be difficult to downgrade one to the 5". You will have to make a harness (nobody sells it).