Uconnect Microphone Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spamn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys. I'm new to the site. I did some searching around and wasn't sure of the answers that I read.

I have a 2011 Ram and it came with the 430 radio. I never tested the Uconnect before swapping that radio out for the 730N. Now my Uconnect does not work. There was a harness for the microphone and I did plug it in to the new radio so I know that I have a mic and that's it connected.

It doesn't appear to be in the rearview mirror and I read somewhere that it might be in the a-pillar. I have yet to investigate that. Any truth behind that being the location?

Lastly, I read somewhere that after adding Uconnect or swapping radios, that the dealer has to flash the vehicle with the StarScan to acivate the Uconnect. Any truth behind that? In my 2006 Ram I added this same radio with an aftermarket Uconnect mic and it worked just fine right away.

Thank in advance
Sam

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Sam,
Welcome to RF. Having to get the dealer to do something after swapping a radio sounds vaguely familiar to me. Having never tested the unconnect are you sure that you have the unconnect module? I hear it is somewhere behind the glove box.

ARMYRETIRED

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My external microphone is mounted on the A pillar but is very visible, right where that plastic meets the fabric.

I installed my uconnect and bluetooth after purchase and it does have to be programmed otherwise it will not function at all.