Under hood light with R/T hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewdiesel12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have a ‘19 classic that came with the r/t hood. I recently installed the oem functional cold air kit that seals to the hood scoop. My question is, my truck didn’t come with an under hood lamp and I just recently picked one up. Then realized the light mounts where the cold air seals to the hood. Also noticed the wiring is MIA. Does anyone have the lamp with that style hood? I didn’t really start digging around in the engine bay for the wiring connection. I’m sure it’s tucked away somewhere but I wanted to ask before I started looking. Thanks guys.

desert01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 classics didnt come with underhood lite there are no provisions to have one just trying to save money i guess

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If i wanted under hood lights & i wanted to keep it simple.

I would buy some LED string lights like the ones that are used in the bed, just under the bedrails

Then i would buy a 12v plastic button or lever type switch to mount so that when the hood opens, the lights would come on

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
The under hood light turns on by lifting hood, should be able to tap into an ignition on/off fuse, so it doesn't stay on.