Upgrading unconnect before 3G shutdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not sure if this is in any thread, but have a member on our Trx-forum asking if anyone knows of how to upgrade his 2015 big horn uconnect before the 3g is shutdown by the phone carriers?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Not sure if this is in any thread, but have a member on our Trx-forum asking if anyone knows of how to upgrade his 2015 big horn uconnect before the 3g is shutdown by the phone carriers?
I believe they are providing 4G T-Mobile dongels that get plugged into the OBDII port but I might be mistaken. If he calls Unconnect they should be able to help or maybe @RamCares can chime in.

I'm surprised this would affect a such a late model like the TRX (especially with that price tag)...

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8

We will always be taken care of by Stellantis
but for a price…

I’m kinda glad I only opted for the 5 inch uconnect screen
I bought into the satellite radio for a couple years but when I realized cellular radio through an app on my phone gave the same reception I never looked back.
I’m sure they’ll find someway to sell me back my own truck if not piece by piece then virtually byte by byte.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

We will always be taken care of by Stellantis
but for a price…

I’m kinda glad I only opted for the 5 inch uconnect screen
I bought into the satellite radio for a couple years but when I realized cellular radio through an app on my phone gave the same reception I never looked back.
I’m sure they’ll find someway to sell me back my own truck if not piece by piece then virtually byte by byte.
Lol. Unfortunately you are right. I still have XM but only because the price really hasn’t increased much because I’ve been a customer so long

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I believe they are providing 4G T-Mobile dongels that get plunge into the OBDII port but I might be mistaken. If he calls Unconnect they should be able to help or maybe @RamCares can chime in.

I'm surprised this would affect a such a late model like the TRX (especially with that price tag)...
Thanks for the response here. Sent your info over to him.