Well October came early!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll post the long story later...

Short story:

Went to chevy dealer yesterday. they tried to push a 2010 chevy extended cab on me for $490 at 5.49%. Also looked at the one dodge they had. 2012 sport crew cab, but it was red. not my fav.

Went to the dodge dealer today.
(link while it's still up:RAM )

Didn't sign any paper work, they think they can me a better deal than $565 at 9.5% I'm hoping too as the Chevy dealer could have!

So it's sitting in the drive way. Love it. I really hope they can do a better deal. If not IDK if I'll go to a credit union and try for a loan there or just sign it at what they currently have. I can afford it but i was shooting for closer to $500. I could always refinance after so long as well.

2011 less than 25K RAM 1500 Sport Crew Cab Priced at $27,888

More pics:

2013-08-07202833_zps5e1178a9.jpg

2013-08-07203003_zpsa5742d78.jpg
2013-08-07202852_zps3bb7a9b8.jpg

Note: The stock exhaust ( i assume stock) is very nice on this thing. I don't think I would want it any louder than it is while cruising at HWY speeds.

Very much in love!

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
It looks great!
Is that a misprint in your post............ The dealership quoted you a 9.5% APR?

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow that was definitely a fast few months!!! Lol!! Good luck!! Hope it all works out for you to get the truck you want and the best deal!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

unixadm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RAM Laramie Longhorn 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice truck and cool pup. At 9.5% APR, I wouldn't be inking anything but then again I don't know your credit. I just bought a 2011 RAM 1500 Longhorn 4x4 that's loaded with only 14k miles for $30,750 @ 1.74% APR using Penfed. What kind of dog is that?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Price may be negotiable, definitely best to talk to your credit union. Unless you have shaky credit, I would think you can get under 6% and probably better than that.
Nice truck, guess you don't need 4X4 in TX.

OP
OP
Swezey23

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks great!
Is that a misprint in your post............ The dealership quoted you a 9.5% APR?

Yeah you read right 9.5%. I'm not to thrilled either.

Wow that was definitely a fast few months!!! Lol!! Good luck!! Hope it all works out for you to get the truck you want and the best deal!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man!

Nice truck and cool pup. At 9.5% APR, I wouldn't be inking anything but then again I don't know your credit. I just bought a 2011 RAM 1500 Longhorn 4x4 that's loaded with only 14k miles for $30,750 @ 1.74% APR using Penfed. What kind of dog is that?

Thanks for the info! Might try to find a truck like yours that's priced at mine to see if they can take it down lower.

He's a Siberian Husky named Rocky. My girlfriend and I consider him our pride and joy ATM. 4 months old and at about 30 lbs. I'll get better pics later with the g/f's Nikon later.

Price may be negotiable, definitely best to talk to your credit union. Unless you have shaky credit, I would think you can get under 6% and probably better than that.
Nice truck, guess you don't need 4X4 in TX.

For my (hopefully) first truck I loving it.

Going to call up the dealer later today and see if they found another bank with a better offer. If not, credit union right after work. If that doesn't work out then I guess I'll stick with the original plan and wait till October.

Question: Can a Bank require that GAP insurance be required or are they trying to swoop one on me? Both offers he said that was the price with GAP insurance from the Bank.

Sucks that the chevy dealership got something that was $1000 more at a lower APR and monthly payment. I'll try using that as my leverage again when I go back in.

My credit isn't horrible but not at it's greatest. No negative marks what so ever. Just high Debt/Credit ratio since I moved down to Killeen 3 months ago. It's getting paid off though. Hence why my original plan was to wait till October.

I was at 749 before I moved and at 666 ATM. (Mark of the Beast is what the chevy dealer said lol):devilfinger:

Drove it to work this morning. So nice to be in a truck and have to A/C again!

OP
OP
Swezey23

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got a call from the chevy place.

He just traded and got a truck I might be "interested" in with about 50k miles priced around $375 - $400 /month range.

I'll be back with more updates.

Update:
08-09 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Black RWD with 50K and supposed to be really "clean".

Sending pics to my phone. I'm like ehh ,not interested. It would have be really clean and loaded on the inside for me to to think about it.

If I like the pics I'm driving the Dodge Dealer's Truck over the Chevy Dealer just to take a look at it.

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I gotta say that is some shady prices for used vehicles. I bought a brand new truck for around $31K for $540 a month at around 5% APR. There is no reason why a used truck should cost more than a brand new truck.

Good luck with your search. Dont settle for anything that you dont want.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
For 9.5% I'd tell them to pack sand and drive a Yugo! WTH?

PLEASE, be prepared to walk away!!!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like a nice truck! I just got 3.99% 0 down (smart guy here.. LOL!)

OP
OP
Swezey23

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't worry I've been preparing all morning for our next encounter.

They couldn't secure a bank with a lower interest rate. But they said since BOA already approved me over at Chevy, I should be able to go directly to them for the auto loan.

Going there after work, to the dealer, to pick up paper work for it. Also going to show them 4 Rams I found that are the same if not better than this one and $1000 cheaper.
If they don't budge, depending how I feel, I might just walk away then and not worry about going to the bank.

And if BOA falls through, and I still want to try more, there is always the credit union that i've heard good things about.

Thanks for the support and advice!

I can always go with my original plan. and wait till October.
By then i'd have my credit back up near where it was and have a small down payment along with that.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got a call from the chevy place.

He just traded and got a truck I might be "interested" in with about 50k miles priced around $375 - $400 /month range.

I'll be back with more updates.

Update:
08-09 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Black RWD with 50K and supposed to be really "clean".

Sending pics to my phone. I'm like ehh ,not interested. It would have be really clean and loaded on the inside for me to to think about it.

If I like the pics I'm driving the Dodge Dealer's Truck over the Chevy Dealer just to take a look at it.

If its an 08 then its going to be a 3rd gen ram which you probably don't want. Why couldn't the guy tell you exactly what year it is?!?!?

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Just don't do something you'll regret! Just look at them and say "you know what, I can't do that" and get up and walk away. Having a set of balls helps! Remember, YOU are the boss!

OP
OP
Swezey23

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its an 08 then its going to be a 3rd gen ram which you probably don't want. Why couldn't the guy tell you exactly what year it is?!?!?
Yeah I have no idea. Wasn't really planning to go back and I didnt lol

Just don't do something you'll regret! Just look at them and say "you know what, I can't do that" and get up and walk away. Having a set of balls helps! Remember, YOU are the boss!

Thanks!

Yeah I got them to come down $500 on the price so we are sitting at 29500 even after it's said and done. Took some talking, because they didn't give easy at all. Was about to walk away after explaining that I don't mind driving 40 miles to save $1000. So he went down by $500. And I think if I tried walking out, I would have had it lower. But I heard it was good to make them feel like they won a little bit too.

Bank of America pissed me off. Approved me for $31K 2 days ago, only got a approved for 19K today. WTF?

Anyways. I bank with wells fargo, waiting on a phone call in the next 1:30 hr.

Then tomorrow I'll go in early to the credit union and see what they can work out for me.

All this trouble from a scratch off we got in the mail and my g/f thought we won cash or a car. (i read the fine print before going, but went to satisfy our curiosity)

Could have had 2010 chevywith 14K miles 0 down with $490 @ 5.49% :manos:...
but no i had to have a dodge lol

Crossing my fingers now. Because I Really, really want this truck since i've had it over a day now.

Worst thing that could happen is I just end up waiting till October. But 8 Hard credit hits wasn't cool in the past 3 days :/ though they say it's a low impact on your score.

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To answer your question. GAP isnt mandatory but recommended as it picks up whatever might be left over if ur normal insurance doesnt cover it all so u dont pay out of pocket. I am a car sales guy up here havent seen anyone make it mandatory both during sales and my own personal buying experience

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check State Farm banking I am only 23 with 2 lines of credit and I got approved for $30K at 3.1% blew away everyone else. I didn't use $30K but had the option.

OP
OP
Swezey23

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Local credit union was the lowest offer :/ only offered 15K for a used car.
Wells fargo offered 20K
BOA offered 19k

I really love the truck. Talk to the g/f. She wants me to get it. And I can afford the higher payment. So all in all. I got the truck! $550/month

I will be refinancing as after 6+ months or the soonest I can.

Overall experience at the Dodge Dealer was good.

Officially mine and parked in the drive way :)

Posting the camaro on craigslist now!

Thanks for all the advice and words of encouragement!

Question? I looked up under the truck. It has true dual exhaust via Aero Exhaust. Was this a upgrade, stock, or option on the Ram 1500 Sports? Maybe that's why the exhaust sounds soo sweet compared to other hemis i've heard?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
awesome congrats. Yes the aero exhuast was an upgrade. the stock exhuast would have been the headers going into a crushed y piped to a single in/dual out muffler.

OP
OP
Swezey23

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
awesome congrats. Yes the aero exhuast was an upgrade. the stock exhuast would have been the headers going into a crushed y piped to a single in/dual out muffler.

Thanks!!

Damn.. :biggun:

More in love already haha. Just need some headers and my exhaust work is donski!:Jedi:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nice!! gotta love unepected surproses. Is your loan a 4 year loan?