Who's in first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmelt54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2000 Dodge Durango 4x4 SLT with the 360 engine. 46re transmission . Just reworked the engine and got it back together runs great. Now I've got a problem with the transmission, it will not start off in first gear every time when Drive is selected. When it is manually put into first gear, most of the time it takes off in first gear. I guess what I'm saying is it is erratic about selecting first gear. I changed out the solenoids and governor and pressure switch because I had a leaking 8-pin connector. I have topped up the fluid but still the problem persist. I pulled the pan back off today to make sure that the TV Bell crank was moving parts inside the transmission. But I don't know what it should look like in there. It appears that at about half travel, it impacts a small plunger, I assume that that is the kickdown. Please help, and thank you