Adaptive windshield wiper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikes578514

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was at the glass repair shop today due to a stone chip in my 98 ram 1500. The estimator said my windshield had a rain sensor and a humidity sensor, I know that the automatic wipers do not work. I got home and went through the settings screens and couldn’t find how to turn them on.

in order to get the sensing wipers to work is it just a ECM update or what else might be needed or wrong? Or am I missing something in the settings

thanks

Mike

AxleFolly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Have had my 2014 just a few days and was frustrated that the automatic wiper rain sense function wasn't working. But on our Ford that has it, I wish it was the timed intermittent wipe that our 2000 Toyota has. After reading that a OEM windshield can interfere with it, I learned that there is a menu option in the Gen 4 to turn off the automatic sensing function. I unchecked that box this afternoon and was happy that I now have intermittent wipers.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was at the glass repair shop today due to a stone chip in my 98 ram 1500. The estimator said my windshield had a rain sensor and a humidity sensor, I know that the automatic wipers do not work. I got home and went through the settings screens and couldn’t find how to turn them on.

in order to get the sensing wipers to work is it just a ECM update or what else might be needed or wrong? Or am I missing something in the settings

thanks

Mike

Did you read your manual to determine how to turn the Rainsense wipers on and off?

Did you buy the truck used? It is possible it does not have the Rainsense feature, but the windshield was replaced with one that had the sensors. Are there wires plugged into the back of the sensors?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevo5441