Buying back grandpaws truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RebelDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well....Im gonna pass on the truck.

Could we afford it...yes.....comfortably....egh. I don't know if I could take that 4500 dollars and set it on fire (dave ramsey) or would want to

I sold it for a reason....We have a 4 and 1 year old. I really don't need something else grabbing my attention needing things. My rebel has 144k miles it will need something soon probrably lol.

Have a goal of paying off the rebel by march.

Kinda sucks to just pass it by but I'm ok with it.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agreed 4500 is not a bad price at all. I would continue to drive the Rebel. I would restore the truck and enjoy it with your family. We do that with my Camaro. It is a great family bonding time. I get the little kid thing. Mine range from almost 15 to 5.

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just get your grandpas truck. 4500 bucks is easy enough to recoup in this economy, but a family heirloom is priceless. I wish I had some stuff from my grandpa, dont pass something that big up. If need be, ask your grandpa if he would be ok with taking payments over a small period of time first to take the sting out of it a little.

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can wrench. It’s far less expensive to keep up a c1500 88-98. It’s not over the top with electronics. 00-07 Ls swaps pretty easy. For better efficiency & power. You can buy every part for it. And the c/k’s are going up in value. I have a 97 swb step side single cab v6. Was a gift from my mil. I get ask if it’s for sale at least a couple times a month. It’s nothing like my Q cab hemi. But I enjoy it very much. You can make new memories with your kids in it. There are some vehicles I would buy back if I could find em. Because riding in them making new memories & reliving old ones. To me is way better than photos. Also listening to your wife is a good idea

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
None of us can tell you what too do, With 2 small kids, I don't think it should take money from paying off what is your daily driver. That car 67New Yorker went to son, then grandson, and when their babies came ,it was sold to pay for a SUV , which is totally understandable. Did not bother me. BTW Son is reatoring my first car, 20yrs older then this one, he is also driving one of his Grandfathers trucks ( Dad's) for his daily driver, "53 IHC sb 1/2 ton still stock power train.
I was going to post one of his pictures on the trucks, but plate numbers are showing , so decided not to.

Last edited:

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well....Im gonna pass on the truck.

Could we afford it...yes.....comfortably....egh. I don't know if I could take that 4500 dollars and set it on fire (dave ramsey) or would want to

I sold it for a reason....We have a 4 and 1 year old. I really don't need something else grabbing my attention needing things. My rebel has 144k miles it will need something soon probrably lol.

Have a goal of paying off the rebel by march.

Kinda sucks to just pass it by but I'm ok with it.
Smart move on your part.......good decision. I tell my grown kids.....you want toys....fine.....but only buy them when you can afford them without impacting your family. I know a guy that has a nice boat yet complains he can't afford health insurance......you can't fix stupid. Take a picture of the truck.......pictures make good memories.......without any additional burdens. Good luck.

Last edited: