Muffler delete with 5” tips... who’s running this set up??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Other than videos by Ohio5pt7 (which are helpful and sound really good, albeit his isn’t muffler delete kit but rather an x pipe in place of muffler l) I am looking for any videos or feedback from any members who have muffler delete and 5” tips (don’t care brand). I currently have carven progressive with 5” black tips and am getting the itch to switch things up. So I am considering solo or mufflex delete kit in place.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Interested in seeing other setups

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No videos but I have this done to my truck, muffler delete and carven 5in tips. Absolutely love it!

I had a muffler shop chop the stock muffler off and weld in a straight pipe with a Y at the stock tail pipes. Cost like $80.

OP
OP
bfill_rebel

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No videos but I have this done to my truck, muffler delete and carven 5in tips. Absolutely love it!

I had a muffler shop chop the stock muffler off and weld in a straight pipe with a Y at the stock tail pipes. Cost like $80.

Drone? (I turn mds everytime I get in truck)

Sound description - deep? Raspy? Pops?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drone? (I turn mds everytime I get in truck)

Sound description - deep? Raspy? Pops?

No drone at all. At least not that I can tell. My truck is fully sound deadened now and I can barely even hear the exhaust in the truck. Absolutely silent inside when cruising at any speed.

It has a mean rumble at idle and screams when doing WOT pulls. Can't really compare it to any mufflers I know of. It sounds nothing like a flow crapper thats for sure!

It can sound a bit raspy at times at high rpm when you let off the gas. Solution for this is let off the gas more smoothly.

And cold starts will probably irritate your neighbors. Thankfully, mine don't mind.

OP
OP
bfill_rebel

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No drone at all. At least not that I can tell. My truck is fully sound deadened now and I can barely even hear the exhaust in the truck. Absolutely silent inside when cruising at any speed.

It has a mean rumble at idle and screams when doing WOT pulls. Can't really compare it to any mufflers I know of. It sounds nothing like a flow crapper thats for sure!

It can sound a bit raspy at times at high rpm when you let off the gas. Solution for this is let off the gas more smoothly.

And cold starts will probably irritate your neighbors. Thankfully, mine don't mind.

Thanks for the information. You have definitely made it more enticing for me...

What did you do for sound deadening? Did you do the whole cab or just the rear?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the information. You have definitely made it more enticing for me...

What did you do for sound deadening? Did you do the whole cab or just the rear?

The guy at the muffler shop told me not to do it because it will annoy me. I just told him if I hated it I would have to pay him again to put a muffler on it haha. For being so cheap I say go for it and if you don't like it you can always change it again.

I used this product https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0751CBXBT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Inside the door panels, door skins, floor and roof. I installed the deadening only because of the stereo I recently installed. Just an added benefit that everything is really quiet now.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I vote xpipe [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’m running the Solo Exhaust Delete Kit from Nick @gotexhaust
3c06d122413a92d4a138c8908de953dc.jpg
I have a couple of videos on YouTube. Cold and warm starts both with full idle. Search my name

The Blue Mule

OP
OP
bfill_rebel

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m running the Solo Exhaust Delete Kit from Nick @gotexhaust
3c06d122413a92d4a138c8908de953dc.jpg
I have a couple of videos on YouTube. Cold and warm starts both with full idle. Search my name

The Blue Mule

Yea. I’ve seen yours but you got 2500 with 6.4 correct?

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I don't have 5" tips but it's basically a muffler delete. (Maybe you can help me out and identify the weird tapping noise at about 38 seconds...)

jonmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will doing a muffler delete affect the vehicle warranty?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will doing a muffler delete affect the vehicle warranty?
Only the warranty on the muffler.

I have had warranty work done on my truck with my exhaust modified. Only thing that has ever been said about it from the dealership is that my truck sounds nice.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Xpipe is only possible on a dual exhaust setup. Our trucks have a ypipe that pushes into a single 3” to the muffler. You guys are referring to a ypipe (single in and dual out).

I would personally not run a muffler delete on a NA setup. Loud and raspy. Now I have a dump on my turbo car but the turbo takes the edge off the loudness as a turbo acts like a muffler. But on a truck that weights 6k+ with only 400hp running 14s does not need a muffler delete lol. But if it tickles your pickle be my guest, just glad I’m not your neighbor.