UBD in a 2016 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgeRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the UBD in a 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie (5.7 V8). Came up nice, have most functions and is a nicer look. Best part is instant Apple CarPlay when you enter the vehicle. Obviously, as a UBD, there is no built in NAV, but I have it through Apple CarPlay. I have updated the SiriusXM and it works well. You can also get SiriusXM as an app in CarPlay, if you don't want the subscription on the radio. Some weird glitches are the auto darkness and lighting of the screen. It allows a manual adjust for brightness but under Auto it does not. USB hub not working when you plug in phone. Supposedly infotainment is working on the fix. All climate controls seems to be working. Weird reaction when you attempt to play the music on your iPhone via bluetooth. It sounds distant. With Apple CarPlay, it's loud and clear. Overall 90% satisfied so far. Still getting adjusted to it and waiting for updates. Still not sure if I'm going to keep it. I have 30 days. I miss the ability to have Sirius XM and the nav map imbedded. Not possible with a UBD, since it has no nav. Also missing the TravelLink app and other connect apps.

Last edited: