VIN Number equipment decode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75XJ8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS DIESEL
Is there a way to determine the equipment included in a Ram truck by having the VIN Number?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes.

1) You can go to Mopar's owner's website HERE, ...create an account. Afterwards, click on My Garage at the top of the pg, plug in your tk's VIN. Then you can navigate and click on your Tk in My Garage and click on the button at the bottom of the page labeled Vehicle Equipment. Then it'll open a pg with some tabs on the side which you can click on them & see what your vehicle has for standard and optional equipment. It'll remember your tk and you can check on it again at a later date. You can also go to the Mopar Parts page from there, if you ever need to look up various parts specific for the build of your pickup. Neat huh?!

2) Go to the dealer with title in hand and they'll print you out the same thing.

3) You might want to copy and paste the equipment into a document & save the file to your computer/phone, etc to be on the safe side, if they ever discontinue the service.

:cheers:

Last edited:

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP

75XJ8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS DIESEL
Thanks for all the advice. I'm purchasing the 2015 Ram 3500 next Friday. It's a Laramie Diesel Turbo with SRW. 64,000 miles and it has a Super Glide 5th wheel hitch installed. The owner is an old friend and had to sell his 5th wheel due to health issues. I'm looking for a 5th wheel and needed a tow vehicle.
Thanks again for the help. New here on this forum.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome aboard! Good luck with the new tk. Sorry to hear it's a friend/distressed seller.

(Note: I forgot about the FCA look-up site. Thanks for the reminder guys!).