12" split screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJR49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not much point in both halves of the screen showing the same song info. Is there any way to change the bottom half to google
maps?
20230912_145744.jpg

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There should be a section in the owners manual that explains how to do the swap. I know I can on my 19 with Uconnect 4.

slackerz

Reaction score
There is a long thread on this, currently RAM only supports half screen for Android auto.

Several people have asked @RamCares for an update, and we receive the same response "nothing to say now". Its become clear that Ram apparently does not have this as a priority to fix.

Edit: I just noticed I didn't answer your question, sorry, thought you were asking about a full screen option for Android.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in my truck, 2020 Uconnect 4 system, I can display 2 different system cards. From the home screen, for example, I can set up my native maps system to the top and XM to the bottom, and both halves work independently. In your picture, you are using Pandora via Android Auto it appears. It may be a function of whether your phone can project 2 different programs at once would be my question. The radio currently can only display maps in half-screen format via Android and something else. I don't use my Android to project to my radio so I do not know the exact steps to accomplish your desired function.

BigBootyJudy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I’m going to tag on va starting a new thread. I have a 21 and got in my friends 22 and he had a full screen on Apple CarPlay. Mine does upper half CarPlay and lower I can change to 5 thinks like media, nav etc. is that a 22 thing? I looked in settings and couldn’t find anything.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
22 was the first of the uConnect 5 systems. I'm an Android guy, which is only half screen. But I'm pretty sure I've read that Carplay is full screen on U5 systems.

BigBootyJudy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
22 was the first of the uConnect 5 systems. I'm an Android guy, which is only half screen. But I'm pretty sure I've read that Carplay is full screen on U5 systems.
So that is not a software update thing for a 21? That’s a bummer it’s a nice feature