13 exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 13 big horn with the dual exhaust. Want to make it a little louder. Is there a muffler kit that is plug and play? All I want is to make it a little throaty. Don’t want to change tips or anything factory other than muffler

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There are a ton of plug and play option. Look up a muffler you like and go with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Some mufflers you will find may need a little pipe added where they weld in simply because they are a little bit shorter.

So measure your stock muffler case length and overall length so you have that info when you go looking at mufflers online.

Veritas726

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the flow master outlaw direct fit on my 14. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 13 big horn with the dual exhaust. Want to make it a little louder. Is there a muffler kit that is plug and play? All I want is to make it a little throaty. Don’t want to change tips or anything factory other than muffler
Do your research. A lot of mufflers will add a drone. Solo mach 44 muffler is the only muffler replacement that I've read about that will give you some extra sound and zero drone. Corsa makes a catback thats zero drone too but very expensive & some say it makes your truck sound like a sports car. There are a number of others that some say are drone free, some say they aren't. The Solo is the only one I'm aware of that everyone says is drone free. More expensive but if I had bought one in hindsight it would have been cheaper than also adding another resonator this year to try to fix my drone from a magnaflow 22" (that some had said was drone free. Not for me). And while better, I still have a bit of drone 550 canadian dollars later. I would have been in for 350 to 400 if I had bought the damn Solo!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Tom Williams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Take a look at flo-pro, they make a direct fit muffler. I think the p/n is 2511

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My research concluded with a Carven Progressive. Listen here:

I also landed on this option on my 2016 ram. Got the 5” tips too. Only things I considered/have tempted me since: muffler delete ( just to see how raw this engine can sound), Corsa given drone free option (if they offered extreme version like they do for new gen Rebels I may have pulled trigger), or the new stainless works (Redline series).

If u havnt done so look at exhaust thread (sticky) here.

Also have to consider do you want bolt on (easy to swap out or return to stock) or cut/weld...

Good luck

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Finsdad, not sure if you've checked out our D-Fit kits yet, but they might fit your ticket. These are meant to be a cost effective bolt-in replacement for the rear muffler. We currently have 2 options: a slightly more aggressive muffler or a full muffler delete depending on how aggressive you want the exhaust sound to be. You can find more info about them by visiting our site below. We would recommend confirming the fitment with your truck's bed length and cab style using our application guide. If there are any other questions we can answer, please do not hesitate to shoot us PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!

https://www.magnaflow.com/collections/2013-ram-1500-exhaust-systems

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do your research. A lot of mufflers will add a drone. Solo mach 44 muffler is the only muffler replacement that I've read about that will give you some extra sound and zero drone. Corsa makes a catback thats zero drone too but very expensive & some say it makes your truck sound like a sports car. There are a number of others that some say are drone free, some say they aren't. The Solo is the only one I'm aware of that everyone says is drone free. More expensive but if I had bought one in hindsight it would have been cheaper than also adding another resonator this year to try to fix my drone from a magnaflow 22" (that some had said was drone free. Not for me). And while better, I still have a bit of drone 550 canadian dollars later. I would have been in for 350 to 400 if I had bought the damn Solo!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

The Solo Mach 44 cat back I just installed has no drone as well. A bit louder than just adding the muffler only with a more powerful sound.