13 sport crew: white w/black and copper plasti dip trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evanblain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like they said it's pretty durable. I wouldn't necessarily scrub it but I dipped my rims and emblems on the weekend and pressure washed it yesterday for the first time and it withstood perfectly.

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like good stuff, emblems and grill make sense but how well does it holds up on wheels?

Your plasti dip job looks like it turned out great, you must have some mad masking skills for the 2 tone stuff to turn out that good. Great job!!

OP
OP
radak04

radak04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For street use, I'm not worried about the wheels. They will hold up fine. I wouldn't do it if you plan on off roading.

The wife wanted teal wheels and trim on her car, so I did it for her. Neither vehicle has problems with the dip coming off the wheels.

F56C8EE4-B922-4AEF-96FF-4E43C24074CA_zpsf8c1mnli.jpg

57B2F390-30B3-4F21-8945-BF5485B7DA1C_zpssthzfhrf.jpg

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I am thinking of doing my grill, not the wheels. Thanks for posting photos and giving me a clue about how this stuff holds up.

Side note, your wife's car is definitely a chick car, that would be tough for a guy to drive!!! But the plasi dip job looks like it turned out great.

OP
OP
radak04

radak04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL, chick car for sure. I have two little girls, 5 and 4, they love mommies "blue" car.

I drive my Ram.

Post pics of your truck when you get it done!

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
LOL, chick car for sure. I have two little girls, 5 and 4, they love mommies "blue" car.

I drive my Ram.

Post pics of your truck when you get it done!

What a good PAPA!

You have your hands full with 2 little ones, i have 1 boy 1 girl but both are adults now. Wowsers, the drama of the girls. Get ready.

I am not a very patient man when it comes to waiting for something that I have put some money towards. I have only bugged the dealer two times and I know I still have a few weeks to wait.

I will definitely post some photos when I get the stock truck delivered and as I get mods done. Spray in bedliner, window tint, new leveling coil overs, wheels and tires all within the first two days.

And I thought my shooting hobby was expensive!!!!, LOL

OP
OP
radak04

radak04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have a 9 month old boy. My evenings are full with kids. Mods come second.

I got my truck off the lot. I wouldn't even let them clean it because I wanted to take it home right away. I couldn't imagine waiting weeks for it.

It will be worth the wait though! Can't wait to see your rig!

haybale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I clicked on this thread expecting not to like the color, but I really do! Good job man!!! Definitely different!

Looks good. i would be curious as to how it holds up on the exhaust tip

I've dipped exhaust tips on several vehicles and they have all held up great! They don't get hot enough to affect it. However if you drive on a lot of gravel roads, you might get some chips eventually, but even then you shouldn't be able to notice it unless your on the ground looking up at them.

I drove my last truck for over a year with dipped wheels, and not one single chip. Then I found another set of wheels and painted them with Duplicolor wheel paint and lots of clear, and had several small chips in under a week!

Plastidip is awesome!!!!

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I like it something different that looks nice.

$miley

2011Ramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500, SLT, Crew Cab, 4x4, Silver
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dude, love the copper. Ive had my eye on it for a while, glad to see it. Trucks looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk