2002 Dodge Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chatx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am a new member and having a terrible time trying to figure out why my air bag light is on. see below

1) The computer says the error is the drivers side Pretensioner. I took the Pretensioner (the male belt part) twice to "My Air Bag" company to check, they say it is working. Does the female part under the seat need to be checked, I believe it has the tube attached that sets the AB of ?

2) I also took the air bag module to "My Air Bag" and they said it is fine.

3) I have taken the vehicle to different shops and their lap top says it is the driver side Pretensioner (Does not say male or female part?

4) Since then the internal computer says there is a check sum error. Can this be related to when the truck is started, if fines a bad check with the AB system?

This is driving me crazy??????? Please help. [email protected]

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The pretensioner is the short "female" part. They fail all of the time on all makes of cars!

OP
OP
C

chatx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the response. Does the male connector belt side have the gas container in the bottom plastic part of the belt, I dont see a gas container under the seat. The female part has 2 wires that go to the airbage module. what would go wrong with the female side? Are they both considered pretensioners?
Thanks, Kim