2002 Ram 5.9 no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with 5.9. As easy as it sounds, I feel like I am missing something. I drove my truck everyday to work, then i didn’t drive it for 3-4 days. I went to drive it again and i go a mile away from the house and it stalled. I was able to get it to start again to get back home. When I turn the key, it always cranks but doesnt always start. Occasionally I could get it to start but not consistently. I did find that when it will not start, the dashboard gauges do not move, including the battery gauge not riding. On the times it does start, the gauges do rise. I cleaned the connections to the battery post and also the battery posts. The connections are clean and tight. Has anybody else had this happen? Or have any ideas?

Also when I plug into the computer port, I am getting no signal unless the truck is actually running. When it was running I had 0 codes.

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have you had the battery load tested? Not just a meter like at a auto parts store, but an actual load test. Your volts may be fine but it could be having a problem with amps. That could cause your problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sabo