2012 Ram 1500 5.7 misfire cylinder 8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kadog710

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a p0308 misfire, a p2311 secondary circuit D and a p0113 iat hi voltage.
Checked coils by switching, same with spark plugs. Used test light to check pcm to coil pack signal. Compression tested at 180psi.
Can hear a slight tick on that side, other side has the tick from exhaust manifold leak, has 4 broken studs in it. What things should I look for under the valve cover? Just can't figure it out why these 3 codes. Even put a new battery in it, as old one tested bad. Any tips/advice is much appreciated

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have a p0308 misfire, a p2311 secondary circuit D and a p0113 iat hi voltage.
Checked coils by switching, same with spark plugs. Used test light to check pcm to coil pack signal. Compression tested at 180psi.
Can hear a slight tick on that side, other side has the tick from exhaust manifold leak, has 4 broken studs in it. What things should I look for under the valve cover? Just can't figure it out why these 3 codes. Even put a new battery in it, as old one tested bad. Any tips/advice is much appreciated
Following this, because everything I would've suggested you have already done

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, that's the next plan then, are those rubber valve cover gaskets reusable if you don't chew them up removing them?
Not sure. I would guess it depends on the age of the gaskets. If they are reasonably new, they should work. If they have been on awhile, i would replace them.

OP
OP
K

kadog710

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, here's what I have so far, a lot of slop in cylinder 8 exhaust rocker and a very small amount on cylinder 4 exhaust