2013 ram Uconnect 8.4 amp with sub instal help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cesar De la torre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello guys new to the forum! I have a 2013 Dodge Ram longhorn edition with the premium alpine system with Uconnect 8.4! I bought 2 JL audio 10” subs 10tw3 D-8 with a vented q bomb under the seat box along with a jl audio 1000 watt mono block amp! I was wanting to know how u would go about installing this? I heard the best way to do it by using the connector that is already connected to the factory subwoofer and connect it to a lc2i converter and then hook up the amp to it and all you need to run is a power wire from the batter with a fuse. I heard the lc2i restores bass and clears the bass up instead of not using the lc2i and just wiring it up from the back of the factory stereo. please give me some info if this is the best way to do it since I am short of knowledge in the audio field but I am also not new to it!

4CE0772E-3ECC-4B7A-B268-AFE2A0B2E9DE.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cesar De la torre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also to add on I see their is plug and play harness’s on eBay that tap into the factory wires and I can connect rca cables that way but I hear that the bass won’t be as good

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are quite a few ways to get this done. If you just want to add the subs, the lc2i is pretty cheap and really easy to wire up.

If you want to add more amplifiers later down the road you should be looking at the PAC audio ampPRO. It is pretty pricey but it makes everything very easy to wire up.

https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro-amplifier-interfaces/ap4-ch41

Ron Basile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used the Idata Link Maestro, but I am running a full system, not just subs. The LC2i willl work great for adding your subs. The back door speakers are full range with very little distortion. You can get a very good signal from either door. Check out 5 star car audio on youtube. They have many Ram videos showing the how to.