2014 ram 1500 6.4 mds cam with non mds lifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FUS88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hi there,

I just had lifter cam failure and the only cam I could source in my country was the charger -I'm not sure- 6.4 mds cam #5038419AB. So, I replace the original cam with this one and got the oem non mds lifters with it.
Also, I installed the hellcat oil pump and replaced timing chain + tensioner.
Mds solenoids were kept in place and disabled by hptuner.

The question here is, is it safe to use mentioned cam and lifter combination with solenoids left in place?
Do I have to get a custom tune or will the stock tune be fine?
Are there any problems that may arise in the future?

I was recently monitoring the engine through diablo trinity t1000 that I had previously and noticed some missfire on 1,4,6&7 cylinders، also knock retard at cruising speed 50-60mph.

Ps. I have been informed that I may lose some torque in the low end of RPM using this cam, but I'm not that concerned about it, the main concern is the overall reliability and longevity of the repair with said parts.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Get rid of the solenoids,and replace them with the non-mds plugs ,so you get full oil flow to the lifters.
I'd think you'll want to get a tune,as the cam is not the same as your original cam.