2014 Ram 1500 Uconnect problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bakers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2014 Ram 1500 Bighorn last week. It seems like the radio sometimes has a delay booting up. Sometimes it comes right on when you start and other times it takes 5 mins to boot up and the backup camera won't work when it does not boot. The navigation does not work vehicle just spins in circles when you drive and it does not show you in the right place. The compass does the same thing when you drive it shows N when your going south and it just rotates thru all direction. I also think the air does not work sometimes. Did not do any of this when I test drove it but like I said it does not do it all the time. So there is something weird going on with this thing. Anyone know of a fix for this? PS also keeps telling me I need to call the dealer for the 911 Phone service

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You can ignore the 911 notice, i never activated it on my 2009 or 2016 Rams, they are just trying to get you to sign up for a APP that they charge dearly for.

I notice that in many States, 911 is not their Emergency number.
Some States, just as you enter it, have a sign that informs you of that States Emergency number.

So the APP actually connects your Uconnect to a Ram Headquarters & hopefully they know which state you are driving in & you get help.

AS to the Navigation being off ..

go to https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/ram.html
to update the radios software.
I think you download the information onto a USB thumb drive

example of the upload & install of info

Just use your cell phone & tell them where you are & why they they are needed.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You likely won't get served up firmware from the UConnect site any longer. It has stated firmware is up-to-date for all radios for several years now. However, @Mpgrimm2 has compiled a list of known-good firmware files to download in this thread...

OP
OP
B

Bakers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To add to the list of things won't work till it boots up is the air will not work until it boots. I almost bet the heat won't work either. I have UConnect 8.4 is there a newer model that will go in my 2014 Ram 1500 Bighorn?

OP
OP
B

Bakers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You likely won't get served up firmware from the UConnect site any longer. It has stated firmware is up-to-date for all radios for several years now. However, @Mpgrimm2 has compiled a list of known-good firmware files to download in this thread...

UConnect tells me there is a update and I see it to download. But not going to mess with it I read guys bricking them trying to update it. I think I will take it to the dealer and see what they say.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
UConnect tells me there is a update and I see it to download. But not going to mess with it I read guys bricking them trying to update it. I think I will take it to the dealer and see what they say.
The only difference from you doing it and the dealer doing it is the dealership will charge you to brick it and then again if you want it fixed...You're the first person in years I've heard say that the UConnect site had a download available for you.

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like your radio is failing. I had the same problem with my U-connect (waiting to power up), and I replaced the radio with a used one, been fine ever since.