2015 Crew Cab rear shocks and spring reco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpeyser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Looking to replace rear shocks and springs on truck. Doubles as a daily driver/tow vehicle (20 ft Pace car trailer). I would like to add a little towing capacity w/o hurting the unloaded ride quality or raising the rear. Does anyone have experience with General Spring 351-891HD (Tuf Truck TTC-1210) and Gabrial G64044 shocks. Any FB on General Spring applications support would also be welcome.
TIA
Mark Peyser - Easton CT

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You can't add a little towing capacity, that is based on payload capacity and your truck is already rated at its maximum. Any thing you do to raise the rear of the truck when loaded just masks the problem you will continue to have: reduced braking and steering control.

Unless the springs and shocks are bad, save your money and redistribute your weight in the trailer to balance it across the trailer axles. And remove weight from bed.

OP
OP
M

mpeyser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Understood. Poorly worded post. Just want to get back to where it was when newer. Same trailer, same load, more droop at 80k miles. Just looking for FB on this shock/spring combo. Thanks

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Do you have a WDH for the trailer? That would help with squat if the trailer is nose heavy. If you truly think the springs are worn there are plenty of options, but I don't know that I've heard of that issue on these trucks.

OP
OP
M

mpeyser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I I do, but found that WDH put load excessive on trailer tires and bearings. Both much better since I stopped using it.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I I do, but found that WDH put load excessive on trailer tires and bearings. Both much better since I stopped using it.
If you're putting excessive load on your trailer tires and bearings when the WDH is hooked up, are you sure you aren't overloading your trailer? Might wanna run it over a scale just to find out - a WDH shouldn't make your trailer tires and bearings wear out quicker.

That said, if you're looking to get your truck 'back to new,' your BEST option is to just buy replacement factory springs that are new. OR find a local-ish spring shop and have them make you up some new springs, they're usually pretty cheap comparatively and will even install them for you.