2015 ram 1500 5.7 Hemi oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andres124501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone hoping this makes it to the correct thread

I have a 2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi recently I’ve had a burning smell coming from my engine compartment (to me it smells like a plastic/rubbery smell) I can smell it while at idle with the heater on (not AC) and when I exit the truck after turning it off. After doing some self investigation I found a sticky/sappy substance on the heat shield of the driver side (please see image attached)
I got it cleaned up good with some brake clean and thought I had it figured out but the smell persisted
After looking a little deeper and add some engine oil dye it looks like I may have an oil leak (please see attached image) I assume this is a leak coming from the valve cover gasket or the spark plug gasket but I’m looking for advice on what else it could potentially be before I tackle the job of doing the valve cover gaskets with uncertainty

Thank you all for your advice in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1778.png
    IMG_1778.png
    581.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1777.png
    IMG_1777.png
    430.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1742.jpeg
    IMG_1742.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 4