2016 EcoDiesel - want to remove the handcuffs… ;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barrelcurve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I’m sooo tired of this truck being handcuffed. It was soooo much more fun in the “before times”. How do I get it to be fun again????

I’m not someone who has been modding cars my whole life. Though I do like to take things apart and put them back together again. :D

I’ve been reading through the threads. And I had previously received a postcard from GDE about their tune. Is it REALLY worth it? If I have the tune, I assume I can’t go back to the dealer for any work, right? Even recalls?

What is a “dpf/scr filter” and why would I need to replace it? :cool:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
What is DPF and SCR?

9GcSiwTlBqZsUV2-FSsfRY-J6UDuF3ilYUpyviMXizM5Y8qY&s.jpg

SCR stands for Selective Catalytic Reduction and DPF stands for Diesel Particulate Filter. The aim of the combination of SCR and DPF is to reduce two types of harmful emissions produced by diesel engines: particulate matter (PM) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx).

there is a YouTube video, probably several of them

OP
OP
Barrelcurve

Barrelcurve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
What else should I look at? The 3 seconds between hitting the gas and the engine responding is ridiculous!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum