2016 Rotten Oil Pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
The only one I have seen go was Dad hit a big old sow pig on the highway one night , wiped out the bottom of his 53 Buick that he had just traded off for the new 58. It was like hitting a pile of rocks and dad never drove fast.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's not that uncommon ,back in my wrench twisting days we used to replace quite a few rotted out oilpans on every make,wasn't just one manufacture'r that had oil pan issues in Canada ;)
Yep. Not common, but not completely rare, either. Had to replace the oil pan on my daughters Hyundai and my sisters Buick. When you live in a salt state like New York, you hear about it occasionally.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 117333 miles.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, if you take the oil pan off ....to replace, then you might as well cut out the rust area and weld in a patch. Have you called a few salvage yards??

Welding a patch on-car: I have had a couple guys share stories that they've brazed and/or welded a patch onto an oil pan before and didn't start a fire inside the engine. Including a buddy of mine who did this a couple years ago. Of course they drained the oil first. I've always been to concerned I'd start a fire, so I haven't done it.

If I *was* to do an on-car repair, what I would personally do (I'm not recommending this...just stating an idea), is pull the drain plug and put a hose from a CO2 tank up inside the drain hole. Then flood the area with CO2 (which is denser). Then weld the patch on. But again, that's theory, I haven't done it.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You gotta go further on in those auto places ..autozone,napa etc....
They say they have until you go order it then they tell you not available....get you in the door kind of thing i think..
I waited almost a year for a dash part on the 4wheeler.....went back and forth with the wife saying I already checked here,checked there...so she goes and looks tells me the same thing"it says they have it"..I got tired of arguing about it and finally said go order it then......no one had it....lol
Everyone in the world said they had it,could get it no problem....got to the point of actually doing it.....all came back...not available....
Out of the blue one day got an email from one of them companies...they got one in stock!...snapped that baby up got it 2 days later bike was all happy again.
I do find it hard to believe you can't find a replacement pan though..hope these guys steered ya in the right direction though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KW_RAM