2017 1500 4x4 - ABS light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiamiE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been having this issue for the past couple years since I had the Bilstein shocks installed set to 2.8 and upgraded my upper control arms as well. Very often when I hit a bump in the road or a speed bump the ABS and service trailer brake system lights come on the dash. They eventually go away after a few seconds. Also the brakes will sputter occasionally when this happens. I don't think its the wheel bearings because I don't hear a grinding noise, but the truck does have an occasional popping sound from the front side of the vehicle when I come to a stop or go over a bump. I plan on finally taking it back to the shop that installed the shocks to see what they advise. Any ideas as to what this could be? Thanks.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I can only speak for me, so when I had my bills at 2.8 I was very impressed with the ride, but I did blow out CV axle. So I went to 2.1, I do not like it as much as 2.8, but it doesn't have the same travel profile at all, it is much easier on suspension. I am actually blown away the difference between 2.8 and 2.1, which is only a tad over 1/2 inch. I been at 2.1 since, many many years without issue, maybe a decade at this point, no CV joint issues no ball joint nada, yes I'm knocking on wood right now. I still think about going back to 2.8 even after all of this. If it pops when you are turning, it will be your cv's most likely.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Also check CV boots, make sure no fluid or tears are on the boot. POP over bump could be any joint, even bushings, did by chance you go poly bushings? If you find it is bushing, go poly fix it once and not needed again.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to check and see what specific ABS codes are present. This is always the first step in diagnosing the problem. Don't take this wrong, but I have not clue why people don't pull the codes. There are probably a dozen or so specific codes that set that off the warning lights on the dash and will help point you in the right direction. They don't tell you exactly what part needs replaced, but at least point you in the right direction as to what to look at. I would highly suspect one of the front wheel speed sensors, wiring, or connectors were damaged during the initial install.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GJWest