2017 air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcrail

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi all, my son has a 2017 dodge ram with the 5.7 4 wheel drive 1500. No mods. Factory air ride. When driving long distances he gets a service electronic braking system and service air suspension system light. When this happens it rides really rough and his steering wheel goes off center, which is normally centered. After sitting for awhile It will reset. No issues on short trips. Anybody have any experience with these issues or have any ideas?

Thanks

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Delete the air ride like most of us have. Can cost under $500 if you do it yourself, vs thousands to troubleshoot and replace the very costly components of the air ride.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air ride on any truck/all brands is just a mess delete it.

17MojaveRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
@mrack If you deleted your air ride can you drop a link to what kit you got. My 17 rebel air ride is messed up and to "save" my truck im going to take air suspension out and put shocks in. Just no idea what im looking for but would like to do it myself to save cost. Thanks in advance.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@mrack If you deleted your air ride can you drop a link to what kit you got. My 17 rebel air ride is messed up and to "save" my truck im going to take air suspension out and put shocks in. Just no idea what im looking for but would like to do it myself to save cost. Thanks in advance.
All the kits out there are overpriced. All you need is front strut assemblies, rear coil springs and rear coil isolators. I did mine for about $115 using parts I got cheap on fb marketplace. Look for 4th or 5th gen struts and 4th gen or jeep gladiator rear springs. The coil isolators are about $40 on eBay. Or if you’d prefer to spend more for new parts, do some research and find a shock that suits your needs, bilstein, eibach, rancho etc.

Look up air delete install videos to get an idea of what you need to do and ignore the airdelete sale pitch. It’s very straightforward, if your familiar with suspension at all it can be easily be done in a few hours.

Search “how to delete air ride on 2013” on this site and you’ll find a post I wrote when I did mine with some useful information.

hubbard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Just go to airdelete.com and choose the system you like. It may not be the cheapest way, but I was satisfied.

wrench78

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just go to airdelete.com and choose the system you like. It may not be the cheapest way, but I was satisfied.
Thinking about doing this with my 2017 Laramie. I do a lot of towing and the air system is a pain to deal with. How are you liking the swap? What which one did you go with? How hard was the install?