2018 1500 Ecodiesel Uconnect Issues 8.4"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Love

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn Ecodiesel with an 8.4" screen and am having issues. The screen will just start randomly pushing buttons, changing screens and calling random people. I can listen to XM without issues as of now but have to disconnect Bluetooth and use the speaker on my phone to talk. Anyone else have this issue or have any solutions. Can @RamCares help?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn Ecodiesel with an 8.4" screen and am having issues. The screen will just start randomly pushing buttons, changing screens and calling random people. I can listen to XM without issues as of now but have to disconnect Bluetooth and use the speaker on my phone to talk. Anyone else have this issue or have any solutions. Can @RamCares help?
Screen is beginning to delaminate. Very common issue. You can DIY repair it with a replacement from around $100-$250 if Ram is unwilling to help but some have had free radio replacements from this very common issue.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Love

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thanks for your post. No response from @RamCares as of yet. Do you have a link for the replacement part you can share? Thank you in advance! Dealer wants $250 just to diagnose

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks for your post. No response from @RamCares as of yet. Do you have a link for the replacement part you can share? Thank you in advance! Dealer wants $250 just to diagnose
You can get the earlier model which has the delamination issues LA084X01 SL01 OR SL02 here for cheaper...

Or the newer version model LA084X01 SL03 which is supposed to be free of delamination issues but it's more costly...