2018 ecodiesel 1500 particulant filter full, see dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Hi all, just a quick question..
I have a 2018 ecodiesel 3.0l and it is showing diesel particulate filter 100% full please see dealer. As I have been reader a lot of posts in requard to this issue, everyone claims that you can force a regen using the AlphaOBD app.

So here is where I am now. I downloaded and paid my $50 for the app and tried running it on my existing bluetooth obd reader a nothing works.

So here's my question, what type of obd reader should I be using for my truck, I was told by someone it should be a OBDLink MX+ ??

Is this correct ?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
2018 model year trucks require a security bypass harness to work with AlfaOBD. m2mods has the bypass harness for sale here.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm coming from the semi-truck side. Many dealers and aftermarket jobbers have cleaning services for the DPF using compressed air, as long as it was not plugged up too badly and destroyed. They can collapse internally and then need replaced.
There are utube vids of people cleaning them with pressure washers. WEAR A MASK!!!!