2018 Ram 2500 6.4 hemi slt weird rattling noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Lb29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally figured out what was wrong, the idiot put the wrong fluid in the transmission. I changed the fluid out with mopar atf 4 when I dropped the pan I noticed he ran the bolts on the transmission in way to far it cracked the aluminum internal housing causing the fluid to leak from the bolt holes. But after changing fluid and sealing off the bolt holes I drove it and it’s back to normal now

J-13GTP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
WOW. This shop shouldn't doing trans work if it doesn't know what to put in it. How did you know that it was the wrong fluid?

OP
OP
L

Lb29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WOW. This shop shouldn't doing trans work if it doesn't know what to put in it. How did you know that it was the wrong fluid?
I had a buddy of mine scan it to see if there were any codes in it and the only thing that showed up was incorrect transmission fluid type and when I looked at the receipt from the shop it showed he bought the right weight of fluid but it wasn’t mopar brand he used a cheap local auto parts store brand and I guess the transmission didn’t agree with it but clearly it caused the issues considering when I changed it with the mopar brand fluid it acted perfectly normal after that

Last edited: