2019 ram 1500 classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram classic
Engine
5.7 hemi
was hoping someone could answer this or have any ideas I'm sure it's been done before but was hoping to upgrade rear suspension coils to stiffer springs to help with sag with load in the bed of the truck. anyone know of any good aftermarket spring kits? in the future I'm looking to install leaf spring kits on the rear if anyone has done that before and has some guidance would be appreciated is it as simple as taking some measurements making it square on both sides and mounting the hangers or is there a reason ram doesn't put leaf springs in there half ton trucks?

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Welcome to the Ramforum.
This is the 5th gen. subforum, maybe move it to the other
one...........

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought 2019 is a 5th gen, even though it's the classic (same as 4th gen) should all 5th gen classics be posted in 4th gen forum? Thank you for the continuing education!

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Yes, I think so. There are many differences between the gens.

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7, 4X4, Sport and Tow packages.
The springs in the rear are to provide a smoother ride. Though the trade off is more sag when towing. I bought one with the tow package, though won't tow that often. I've read many install inflatable air bags in the rear to mitigate the issue. That's what I plan to do.

Leaf springs are better for towing and for a loaded bed. Essentially better for using it as a truck. This is also the main reason I didn't want an F150. I test drove one and they are very bouncy on the street and uneven freeway. I have a section of freeway near my work that I like to refer to as 'the woops'.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I thought 2019 is a 5th gen, even though it's the classic (same as 4th gen) should all 5th gen classics be posted in 4th gen forum? Thank you for the continuing education!
2019 thru 2024 1500 Classics are 4th gens (DT). You should post any threads about classics in the 4th gen forum. There is no such thing as a 5th gen classic at this point in time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevo5441