Ram 1500 ds new setup suggest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minotto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi everyone, I'm here again to ask your opinion on whether this configuration can work on my truck!
In Italy I am not allowed to use tires larger than the stock ones which at the moment are 275/60 r 20 so I have to abandon the idea of a 6" lift kit.

Wanting to update the driving setup with a high quality product and having to keep my 33" tires, how about this configuration:

1- 4" zone offroad kit ZOND42 / ZOND43 2" spacer rear or 3" springs
2-fox 2.5 dsc 4"-6" on front
3- 2" superlift springs at the back or cut the springs supplied in the 3" kits a little to reduce them to 2"

The idea is to mount the lift kit and use the fox 2.5 shocks with code FOX88406383 which are already 4" longer than the coilover stocks and behind them have a maximum rise spring of 2" superlift or the 2" spacer with the kit

I don't know if it is better to use the original stock springs with the 2" spacer or directly install the 2" superlift springs and order the kit with the 3" springs to be used in the future as they only cost $70 more than the version with the spacer

By doing this I will have 4" lift real front given by the length of these fantastic fox 2.5 adjustable coilovers and 2" rear

With this setup will I be able to keep my 275/60r20 tires without the truck looking as ugly as a shopping cart?

Will I need new brake lines? I think Zone Offroad doesn't supply them. If so, where could I find the right part?
Bds offers the same kit including brake lines but the price is $1000 higher than Zone

I accept your advice because I absolutely want to do this job in the summer and I have to order all the parts in USA :)

ps: at the moment i have eibach springs 2" front with 5100 settled to 0" and eibach springs 1" rear ... i attached pic of my setup
with the new setup i will added +2" on front and 1" rear ... it could be acceptable with the 33s but I await your opinion !

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-18 at 13.08.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-18 at 13.08.32.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi everyone, I'm here again to ask your opinion on whether this configuration can work on my truck!
In Italy I am not allowed to use tires larger than the stock ones which at the moment are 275/60 r 20 so I have to abandon the idea of a 6" lift kit.

Wanting to update the driving setup with a high quality product and having to keep my 33" tires, how about this configuration:

1- 4" zone offroad kit ZOND42 / ZOND43 2" spacer rear or 3" springs
2-fox 2.5 dsc 4"-6" on front
3- 2" superlift springs at the back or cut the springs supplied in the 3" kits a little to reduce them to 2"

The idea is to mount the lift kit and use the fox 2.5 shocks with code FOX88406383 which are already 4" longer than the coilover stocks and behind them have a maximum rise spring of 2" superlift or the 2" spacer with the kit

I don't know if it is better to use the original stock springs with the 2" spacer or directly install the 2" superlift springs and order the kit with the 3" springs to be used in the future as they only cost $70 more than the version with the spacer

By doing this I will have 4" lift real front given by the length of these fantastic fox 2.5 adjustable coilovers and 2" rear

With this setup will I be able to keep my 275/60r20 tires without the truck looking as ugly as a shopping cart?

Will I need new brake lines? I think Zone Offroad doesn't supply them. If so, where could I find the right part?
Bds offers the same kit including brake lines but the price is $1000 higher than Zone

I accept your advice because I absolutely want to do this job in the summer and I have to order all the parts in USA :)

ps: at the moment i have eibach springs 2" front with 5100 settled to 0" and eibach springs 1" rear ... i attached pic of my setup
with the new setup i will added +2" on front and 1" rear ... it could be acceptable with the 33s but I await your opinion !
If the plan is to keep stock sized tires, I wouldn't go over a level. The tires will look small with a level. Adding 4" to the front will make them look ridiculously small. I'd suggest going with fox 2.0 front shocks and set them for 2" of lift then add 1.5-2" rear coils from zone or tuf truck. Add in some.better rear shocks from fox or Bilstein and you'll have a better riding setup that will look good with stock sized tires. This is what my truck looks like with 2" front lift, 1.5" rear spacer and 275/60r20 Goodyear duratracs. If I do anything different, it'll be better shocks and new rear coils instead of the rear spacer and rough country front struts. I'd seriously focus on ride quality than maximum height.
PXL_20240317_113231845~3.jpg

OP
OP
minotto

minotto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If the plan is to keep stock sized tires, I wouldn't go over a level. The tires will look small with a level. Adding 4" to the front will make them look ridiculously small. I'd suggest going with fox 2.0 front shocks and set them for 2" of lift then add 1.5-2" rear coils from zone or tuf truck. Add in some.better rear shocks from fox or Bilstein and you'll have a better riding setup that will look good with stock sized tires. This is what my truck looks like with 2" front lift, 1.5" rear spacer and 275/60r20 Goodyear duratracs. If I do anything different, it'll be better shocks and new rear coils instead of the rear spacer and rough country front struts. I'd seriously focus on ride quality than maximum height.
View attachment 543143
Hello and thanks for reply ... if you look the pic of my ram , it's already 2" on front and 1" rear with stock tires . My question is if i lift other 2" on front and 1" rear if this 275/60r20 will be good .

Unfortunately I have no choice and I have to keep the tires stock, in Italy it's not like in America.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello and thanks for reply ... if you look the pic of my ram , it's already 2" on front and 1" rear with stock tires . My question is if i lift other 2" on front and 1" rear if this 275/60r20 will be good .

Unfortunately I have no choice and I have to keep the tires stock, in Italy it's not like in America.
First off, the answer to that question is an opinion. To know what your opinion about it is, take these simple steps….get 2 jacks and jack the frame up 2” in the front and 1” in the rear and step back and look at it.

OP
OP
minotto

minotto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
First off, the answer to that question is an opinion. To know what your opinion about it is, take these simple steps….get 2 jacks and jack the frame up 2” in the front and 1” in the rear and step back and look at it.

Hi, I thought I'd do it tomorrow because it's the only way to understand what it would be like!

There are 2 fox 2.5 products, a 2" coilover which is used for leveling and the 4-6" strut which is used with lift kits (instead of using shock absorber + upper strut provided by the kit).

I'm almost sure of the answer but I still have one last doubt: to install this 4"-6" Fox 2.5 coilovers, will I necessarily have to install the BDS/Zone lift kit 4" ?

Can't I mount it by just changing the upper arms ? Bilstein 5100 can regulated till 2.8" without changing the upper arms , if i need 4" ( well just +1,25" of b5100 ) do I necessarily have to use the 4" lift kit or can I install the coilvers and change the upper arms to adjust the geometry of the wheel? Maybe for lifts greater than 3" it becomes mandatory to mount the lift kit with the crosspieces for the drop of the differential?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I thought I'd do it tomorrow because it's the only way to understand what it would be like!

There are 2 fox 2.5 products, a 2" coilover which is used for leveling and the 4-6" strut which is used with lift kits (instead of using shock absorber + upper strut provided by the kit).

I'm almost sure of the answer but I still have one last doubt: to install this 4"-6" Fox 2.5 coilovers, will I necessarily have to install the BDS/Zone lift kit 4" ?

Can't I mount it by just changing the upper arms ? Bilstein 5100 can regulated till 2.8" without changing the upper arms , if i need 4" ( well just +1,25" of b5100 ) do I necessarily have to use the 4" lift kit or can I install the coilvers and change the upper arms to adjust the geometry of the wheel? Maybe for lifts greater than 3" it becomes mandatory to mount the lift kit with the crosspieces for the drop of the differential?
No…if you go with the 4-6” struts, you need the actual lift kit that drops the diff and lower a-arms etc. Yea, anything over 2.5-3” should have the actual drop kit imo.