2019 Ram throws codes on first startup of the day, then runs fine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N55Dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2019 Ram Rebel 5.7L with 159,000 miles. For the last few weeks, a few minutes after the first startup of the day, the check engine light will come on, along with a message saying, "Auto stop disabled." The radiator fans will come on at full speed, and the engine will have slightly reduced power. After shutting the truck off, it starts back up, but it cranks for a long time before starting. At that point, it runs completely normally, and the check engine light and the codes will eventually go away.

The codes it's throwing are:
B2303-13 Wiper park switch input-circuit open. (Stored - Body Controller)
U1850-00 Implausible data received from PCM on d-pt- (Stored, warning lamp - Hybrid Control Processor)
U0401-00 Implausible data received from ECM/PCM (Stored - Instrument panel cluster)
B1296-25 PTS sensor 9-signal shape/waveform failure (Stored - Park Assist)
B1293-25 PTS sensor 6-signal shape/waveform failure (Stored - Park Assist)

After driving it a few times, the only one still remaining is the U1850, and then eventually the check engine light and all codes go away completely, until the next time it sits overnight. On the first startup of the following day, all of this happens again. I'll also add that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the wipers or the park assist, despite the codes.

The ETorque MGU is also making a whining noise, so I suspect it's on its way out. Since I assume this will need to be replaced soon, I hope that it could be the cause of these codes, but it could just be a coincidence.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi