2020 3500 dash disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustAnotherDude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO TD
Just picked up a 2020 3500 6.7 w/Aisin. Dash intermittently turns into a Christmas tree with all systems going offline and ding ding ding. Happens randomly. Shop had numerous ABS "lost communication" codes with a few TCM "lost communication" codes. Any chance this is similar to the ABS/HCU issues 2017/2018's were having? Anyone have schematics showing where the ABS and TCM can-bus connections are?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are you having issues starting as well? Have you load tested the batteries?

./

OP
OP
J

JustAnotherDude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO TD
No starting issues. Shop had same thought and would have checked that though I did not verify.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No starting issues. Shop had same thought and would have checked that though I did not verify.

Not all shops are created equal.... I would ask them directly if they load tested them (individually), and to be clear checking the voltage level is Not an adequate test, they need to be load tested.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
With multiple modules throwing 'lost communications' codes, I would be inspecting wiring harnesses and connectors if the batteries are checking out good. Bad grounds will cause issues like this as well. If it were just one module I would suspect the module, but multiple usually means wiring.

OP
OP
J

JustAnotherDude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO TD
That's what I've been leaning towards, connections. Not looking forward to trying to just FIND all the damn wires and grounds.