2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock 4x4 Quad Cab hit a deer and the airbag was deployed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrevorTroy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6-liter VVT engine
Ive always wanted a Ram but could never afford one. This truck has only 40kmiles, was fixed, airbag was replaced, looks flawless and you would never know this happened if you didn't see the Carfax; its still powertrain covered until 60K miles. It's drives good. It was well taken care of and you can tell by the bed (there is no bedliner) that it was lightly used. They are offering it for 26.5K, is it worth buying? Please Ram enthusiasts, let me know your thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As long as the cosmetics are correct and the airbag system was repaired by a qualified tech/shop, I wouldn't worry about it. $26k isn't bad if they are willing to stand by their work.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Agree with Mb; I'd probably offer $20k and have somewhere around $23-24k as the "right" price.

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
$26K is too much for what the truck is and what's been repaired.

Can you get an actual parts breakout of everything replaced and cross reference the part numbers against known current MOPAR ones to verify that everything replaced was OEM only?

If this checks out, then start at $20K and tap out at perhaps $23K as your max.

They want this truck sold ;)

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It has to be remembered that final value also depends on location. 2021 vehicle may sell for 26,500 in Delaware, but only 23k in another state. OP, you can easily search used vehicle asking prices in Delaware knowing that with your State being as small as it is there should be very limited variance once you take into account option and milage differences.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
A 2021 with the 6 is not the most desirable configuration in a pickup, at least as far as resale goes. You also don't say what trim level it is and which cab and box it has. There is a big difference between a base mode, standard cab and a Laramie crew cab with full load. If you can buy the same year and trim level of pickup, same mileage for 26K and it has no repairs, one owner this purchase only makes sense to buy this one if it is a DEEP discount to the pristine one. At minimum, I would be negotiating for an OEM Mopar extended warranty, (do not accept an after market warranty, they are garbage that never pay out), that covers everything, as part of the purchase price.

With current rebates you can buy a brand new, reasonably optioned, 2024 Quad cab with the 6, for about $26000 in the states. Zero off for a 3 year old with no warranty, is not much unless it is a really optioned out model.

Best of luck, let us know how it works out.

4x4 6 cyl

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11-25-15 New 2024 RAM 1500 Tradesman w_ Popular Equipment Group for s...png

2 wheel drive with the Hemi

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11-20-38 New 2024 RAM 1500 Tradesman for sale in Pryor OK 74361 Truck...png

Last edited:

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A 2021 with the 6 is not the most desirable configuration in a pickup, at least as far as resale goes. You also don't say what trim level it is and which cab and box it has. There is a big difference between a base mode, standard cab and a Laramie crew cab with full load. If you can buy the same year and trim level of pickup, same mileage for 26K and it has no repairs, one owner this purchase only makes sense to buy this one if it is a DEEP discount to the pristine one. At minimum, I would be negotiating for an OEM Mopar extended warranty, (do not accept an after market warranty, they are garbage that never pay out), that covers everything, as part of the purchase price.

With current rebates you can buy a brand new, reasonably optioned, 2024 Quad cab with the 6, for about $26000 in the states. Zero off for a 3 year old with no warranty, is not much unless it is a really optioned out model.

Best of luck, let us know how it works out.

4x4 6 cyl

View attachment 548174

2 wheel drive with the Hemi

View attachment 548173
Don't fall for the Sky AutoMall trap. They are crooks. It's pure marketing BS and they play LOTS of games.

The title of the post is 2021 Classic Warlock 4x4 Quad Cab

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't fall for the Sky AutoMall trap. They are crooks. It's pure marketing BS and they play LOTS of games.

That gives us an idea but there are still a crapload of potential options available.

I enjoy my Hemi too much and wouldn't opt for the V6 unless it was stupidly cheap.

No, it would have to be beyond stupidly cheap. I tried one and didn't enjoy it at all.
YMMV

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine

First off, I saw it was a Warlock, but options new can swing the price 20,000. Even if you dont add the V8, but then add all of the packages and you have two very different priced vehicles. As far as Automall, never dealt with them so you could be spot on, however there were over 150 new vehicles with 4x4 and the 6 cyl engine that came up priced under 35,000, so they can't all be playing games. All I was trying to point out is the OP can buy new, or near new for about the same price as the 4 year old, out of warranty, heavily pranged one he is looking at.

I just try to offer options, what folks do with the info is up to them.