2022 Ram 2500 Diesel fuel economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My Evic shows that I get 24 mpg empty on the highway, but hand jammed I have gotten as high as 22. Mind you that was a very deliberate drive... mostly flat interstate, didn't exceed 1,800 rpms the entire time, and I have 3.42 gearing.
If I'm not paying attention and do a lot of mixed driving across all kinds of terrain, I typically see about 18-18.5.

Pulling my 9,800 lb TT to Tennessee during the 4th, I was averaging about 11.5, but there were a ton of hills and a lot of stop and go. I'm going to retest it on our trip from HSV, AL down to Pensacola, FL in October and see how it does on flat interstate.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
This is from a recent trip from Reno to Las Vegas. EVIC displayed 25.3 mpg but after refilling and hand calculating the actual MPG was 20.4. That's quite a difference.
Truck was empty using CC and a/c all the way.

View attachment 547768

Not enough people do this. ^ Hand calculate is the only way to know. The evic CAN be accurate at times, but any changes like driving habit or terrain for a short term and the evic readout will be skewed.
For example if I have 150 miles of running empty then suddenly hook to my loaded gooseneck (24k gross) and drive for 20 minutes the evic will read 14 mpg. Obviously I'm not really getting 14 mpg when I'm 34k combined.
The truck is burning more fuel now faster than the evic will adjust and show. At the pump after hand calculation it will show how much it's off.
But if I fill up while I'm loaded and been running all day flatland, the evic can be within a tenth in accuracy.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I get around 20 on the highway with mine. 70-75 most trips. I dont go over 70 towing our 10,000# 5th wheel and usually get 11-12.
Towing our 14k lb 5th wheel from Portland to Pendleton on I-84 is mostly flat terrain. Max speed was 65mph T/H and CC in 5th gear. Evic showed a high of 13.3mpg but hand calculated was actually 10.1.

oledirteh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you run an additive, just use archoil. it's the best out there and its proving to work well with our emmisions and slowing down regens to the rate of once every 24 hours rather then every few hundred. Run the cleaner, then run the every day stuff.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Archoil = Snake oil
Same old claims that can't be measured or quantified. Just makes you believe it works.

View attachment 548180
You may think its snake oil but there are many truck owners try & using it and reading reports of longer periods of time between regens with some now being able to go a full 24 hours between regens.. My self I am trying Archoil out and so far I'm happy to be able to now go a full 24 hours between regens instead of every 12-14 hours all without having max pay load in bed or towing.... IMO spending an extra $2 to be able to go a full 24 hr between auto regens is worth it...

oledirteh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Archoil = Snake oil
Same old claims that can't be measured or quantified. Just makes you believe it works.

View attachment 548180

you really think its snake oil? lol welp thats on you. theres a 60 page thread about regens on another forum that have exhausted every thing to bring regens down to normal and welp, so far archoil is the clear winner.

but eh, you do you boo.

oledirteh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sorry, 46 pages. Before you spout nonsense, this forum also tracks via spread sheets issues between years of trucks, the people are absolutly knowledgeable and also dont just talk out their ass. maybe join up and learn some stuff.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Companies like this can always count on gullible people. o_O

oledirteh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Explain to class what makes Archoil snake oil. I can understand other products but what about archoil have you seen not produce results. We have a growing number of diesel owners showing results and data that backs it up that its reducing regens, along extending the duration between them. so rather then call people stupid with out calling people stupid, tell us why this product is snake oil to you, and why we are so gullible.

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
There is an oil thread on here where folks have had success using oil additives to quiet down the hemi “tick”. True enough, there are a lot of additives that make claims but don’t do anything. In regards to archoil, I’ll echo what @oledirteh said. I use it and while I‘ve seen no appreciable gain in regards to extra mpgs, it definitely helps with soot loading, thus reducing the need for regens when you don’t tow frequently. YMMV.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I only run a little Howes in mine. seems to run fine

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So other additives are snake-oil but not the one you use, is that correct?
This would work just as well. ;)

1723497966681.png