2022 Ram Discounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwyz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought I would pass this along. If you are thinking about buying a new 2022 Ram and wanted some type of discount, including an employee discount, there are currently none available. I ordered mine in July of this year and was just informed that even the employee discount is not currently available. I guess I will be driving my 2015 for a while longer.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Yeah, definitely not a good time to be buying right now. The only thing that could help is if you have a trade-in. People are getting top dollar on their trade-ins right now, which can help with the lack of incentives. I'm glad I bought when I did back at the end of April. There were still some incentives available, and I also got 0% financing on my Limited. That alone saved me thousands over the life of the loan. And my trade-in value was extremely favorable. Did you check to see what they would offer you for your 2015? Or check with Carvana, Vroom, KBB, and others to see what they might offer?

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
That is dealer dependent isnt it? My dealer gave me a discount on my Challenger even though they said there was no discounts. But mikeru is correct, bad time for buying

Bill A

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For 2021 the campaign where everyone got employee pricing was in January. Unfortunately my special ordered Limited Longhorn didn't arrive until February.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I thought I would pass this along. If you are thinking about buying a new 2022 Ram and wanted some type of discount, including an employee discount, there are currently none available. I ordered mine in July of this year and was just informed that even the employee discount is not currently available. I guess I will be driving my 2015 for a while longer.
Not the case. I know that’s what everyone has been saying and most dealers have been saying.
I finally pulled the trigger. Can’t hold my breath for Stellantis to grow a brain and do their upgrades so I ordered a new Patriot Blue 2022 SRW Limited 3500, long bed, 4x4, Night Edition with all the extra goodies, I mean all even the 50 gal tank and dual alternators, today from Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. 5% under invoice! Yes you read that right! $83,379. I was told the sales people are on salary and everyone gets that pricing. It was over the phone and easy. Yey! I typically don’t do well dealing with car dealerships and sales. Got my Vin# today, Monday.
I now get to start the 5 month wait! After waiting 2 years to pull the trigger I thought it’d be easy to wait 5 months. I’m wrong! Ordered yesterday and now salivating.
I still will get another one in a few years when they finally do get the new gen 5 cab and new tranny. I mean they have to eventually grow a brain right? I’m so tired of the Covid BS and everything THEY say IT caused but it seems the FCA stupidity started long ago.
If they just worked the Gen 5 cab to fit the HD trucks and got the Allison of ZF transmission that’s already made for the Cummins I’d think it would cement there lead as the top truck and even convert a lot of GM or Ford folks to RAM folks!
BY THE WAY FORUM FOLKS, you all are the best! I’ve learned so much and have had a great time doing so.
you could also call Jack from Motor Inn Dodge in Spirit Lake Iowa and he’ll get you almost 5% under invoice.

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not the case. I know that’s what everyone has been saying and most dealers have been saying.
I finally pulled the trigger. Can’t hold my breath for Stellantis to grow a brain and do their upgrades so I ordered a new Patriot Blue 2022 SRW Limited 3500, long bed, 4x4, Night Edition with all the extra goodies, I mean all even the 50 gal tank and dual alternators, today from Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. 5% under invoice! Yes you read that right! $83,379. I was told the sales people are on salary and everyone gets that pricing. It was over the phone and easy. Yey! I typically don’t do well dealing with car dealerships and sales. Got my Vin# today, Monday.
I now get to start the 5 month wait! After waiting 2 years to pull the trigger I thought it’d be easy to wait 5 months. I’m wrong! Ordered yesterday and now salivating.
I still will get another one in a few years when they finally do get the new gen 5 cab and new tranny. I mean they have to eventually grow a brain right? I’m so tired of the Covid BS and everything THEY say IT caused but it seems the FCA stupidity started long ago.
If they just worked the Gen 5 cab to fit the HD trucks and got the Allison of ZF transmission that’s already made for the Cummins I’d think it would cement there lead as the top truck and even convert a lot of GM or Ford folks to RAM folks!
BY THE WAY FORUM FOLKS, you all are the best! I’ve learned so much and have had a great time doing so.
you could also call Jack from Motor Inn Dodge in Spirit Lake Iowa and he’ll get you almost 5% under invoice.
Thanks for the information. I have emailed both dealerships to see what they can do.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I must be a can shy of a six pack.......I like my new truck, but working on the 2nd gen(I have now sold it to my son-his truck, his build) has me loving the simplicity and ease of upgrading and lack of all the latest computer b.s.. It figure, I rebuilt the trans and transfer case, so really heavy work was done.;) I just gotta get him trained to have my brand of beer on hand.....

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
I just gotta get him trained to have my brand of beer on hand.....
I guess I'm less picky about brand than about type of beer. My son knows to bring plenty of his choice of IPA when he brings his truck to my garage to work on it. His taste in beer is similar to mine, except he somehow developed a taste for PBR. I blame his mother. :p

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I did mean type, although any free beer is better than none. (I’ve choked down some nasty stuff in my years).However, since raising him, truly free will never happen......so we just enjoy each other’s company.LOL!

clueless

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 bighorn 5.7 hemi
Engine
5.7 hemi
On my 2021 longhorn I got $3500 in rebates and incentives but was looking at a 21 classic with only $2500 and a 22 longhorn with only $1000, guess it depends on your zip code and vehicle purchased.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
If the dealer doesn't have the price, discounts or even the truck you need, you may want to order one and use a buyer or discount service. Before you buy one, at least check for discounts thru an organization that you already are a member of or can easily join. Also ask your union or employer if they participate in one. AARP, Allstate, Geico, Consumer Reports, AAA, Costco, Sam's Club, most credit unions, some banks, Tread Lightly all offer discount programs. USAA & Truecar cater to military, vets and law enforcement. American Express supposedly has a program for cardholders. I found that the best deal on my truck last year when I ordered mine was Costco. Then there are concierge buyers such as CarBargains and AuthorityAuto.

OP
OP
Mwyz

Mwyz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an update to my original comment. My truck finally arrived this week and the employee discount was honored and they were currently offering 0% for 48 months or $1000. I took the 1k and employee discount and ran.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
My brother just got his ordered 2022 Laramie. There was a added incentive if you financed it for at least 3 months and some other incentives. He got about $9200 off msrp. Msrp of 61,800 and paid $52,600.

67440dodge

Military
Reaction score
What you pay is going to be dealer dependent. Some will work with you if it's a special order, other will charge MSRP at a minimum and some will charge ADM/MAP or MSRP at miminum for in stock trucks. TRX's we all know are a whole different beast, so won't even bring them up.

For me, I initially went to the dealer I bought my last 2 Rams from. MSRP was best they would do for a special order, as all vehicles on their lot were MSRP (except the TRX they just sold). Switched to Ford because I wanted a standard cab short bed, which became a nightmare for another story, and found a dealer offering X% under invoice on F150's. That order got squashed, and they said they offered better deal on special order Ram's. Given the rep they had on the Ford forums, I had zero qualms about switching over to them. My current Ram dealer said no way could they match it, so I went with the new dealer. Couldn't be happier with the service I received from them, got a VIN within 24hrs, prompt response to emails and hopefully within a few months I'll have a 1500 Classic in the driveway, and saved a bunch of money in the process.

Moral to the story... shop around, ask questions. Deals are still out there, you just have to find them, and you may have to drive to get them. And when you do find the deal of the century, ask for the quote to include "all in pricing" which includes any dealer fees, licensing, taxes, etc. Some dealers are offering discounts up front, but tacking on thousands worth of extras in the way of documentation, prep or "nitrogen in tire" fees. And ensure your deposit is fully refundable in writing via email or fax. This way if the dealer is doing a bait/switch, you have an out. Also, if looking for a Classic, many salesma don't know they exist, as the higher ups only order new generatiions. Tell them to look for DS in Dealer Connect. I had to tell more than one dealer this when trying to get pricing.

Last edited: