AC issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

therigwelder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My AC in my ram.is blowing cold just on the driver side,the passenger is blowing warm.upon investigation I found the recirculation blend door was broken ,so I replaced it with new.I made sure that when the selector knob was set to cabin recirculation the new blend door was open(towards the back of the truck). This new door did not fix the problem. What am I missing?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The reserc door wont have anything to do with hot/cold you have another blend door motor not working on passenger side i forget exactly where it is someone will chime in.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
This situation sounds similar to when the heater core partially plugs up, the driver's side is cold and the passenger side blows warm to hot. It has to due with how the air flows through coil/core and the duct work.
I know there have been reports of heat/cool blend doors breaking on the Gen3 trucks

OP
OP
T

therigwelder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it's another door or actuator too. I am working to get the AC operating properly,I could understand if I was trying to get heat and the heater core was partially clogged but it seems there would be a door blocking the heater core from the AC system