2023 5.7l Hemi hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pcv57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2023 5.7L eTorque with 25k miles. In the past couple of months I’ve been experiencing a significant hesitation after startup. When I step on the gas, it’s like the engine is starved for gas. It bucks a little bit before finally catching and seems to get better within a couple of minutes. I brought it to the dealer who kept it overnight but they said they couldn’t re-create it which is odd because it happens every morning for me now. When I talked to the service manager, he kind of admitted he’s been hearing it a lot and thinks it may be the eTorque system but didn’t have a fix. Has anyone experienced this and what was the fix?

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No etorque on my 22 hemi. I have noticed this when I take off after backing out of my driveway in the morning. Only on a cold start.

Almost like the throttle is stuck for a second. Mine goes away after the first acceleration in drive.

OP
OP
P

pcv57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's exactly what happens with mine. It lasts a couple of minutes but it is concerning, especially when I step on the gas and nothing happens. God forbid you need to get out of someone's way. It happens every day now, so I can't believe the dealer couldn't re-create the issue.

OP
OP
P

pcv57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my next service, I'll have them change the fuel filter and see if that makes a difference. I'm also going to add a fuel additive and see if that helps, as well

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
On my next service, I'll have them change the fuel filter and see if that makes a difference. I'm also going to add a fuel additive and see if that helps, as well
There is no replacable fuel filter on the trucks. There's a sock of sorts in the tank,but that's it.

OP
OP
P

pcv57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, that's interesting. However, I doubted it was the fuel filter because the hesitation wouldn't just happen on a cold startup. One other point is that, even if I let the truck run in my driveway and warm up, it still hesitates when first driving it. Could it be a transmission issue?

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Maybe clean the throttle body. It’s literally the first acceleration in drive for my truck. If I let it warm up, it doesn’t do it. At least I don’t notice it….