2023 Ram 1500 5.7 Etorque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hjbennett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased a 2023 Ram 1500 5.7 Etorque a few months ago, now has 24,000 miles on it. The battery voltage is driving me crazy, it’s all over the place. I’ve posted before about the voltage decreasing but now have been able to zero in more on the issue. When I start the truck it’s at 14.0v if I’m driving continuously it will only drop down to about 13.8v. If I’m in stop/go traffic it drops rapidly. Today I went through town and made a couple stops, a total of about 45 minutes and it dropped all the way down to 12.9v. Had a continuous drive after that and it went back up to 13.0v and never decreased the rest of that drive. I’ve seen it get as low as 12.7v before. Is this normal for etorque? It’s a consistent drop in voltage everytime I’m in stop/go traffic. I’m terrified I’m going to get stranded!

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And as suggested in your previous thread, don't worry about it. Its only a 12v battery, which is what it drops down to anyway when you shut the motor off.

Granted its a totally different animal, but I'm pretty sure my Sierra drops to 10v ish at times, and that thing starts better than my Ram.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I purchased a 2023 Ram 1500 5.7 Etorque a few months ago, now has 24,000 miles on it. The battery voltage is driving me crazy, it’s all over the place. I’ve posted before about the voltage decreasing but now have been able to zero in more on the issue. When I start the truck it’s at 14.0v if I’m driving continuously it will only drop down to about 13.8v. If I’m in stop/go traffic it drops rapidly. Today I went through town and made a couple stops, a total of about 45 minutes and it dropped all the way down to 12.9v. Had a continuous drive after that and it went back up to 13.0v and never decreased the rest of that drive. I’ve seen it get as low as 12.7v before. Is this normal for etorque? It’s a consistent drop in voltage everytime I’m in stop/go traffic. I’m terrified I’m going to get stranded!
Stop watching it! It’s the nature of the beast. My 22 bounces up & down like that too. 32k and it’s running great.

OP
OP
H

hjbennett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stop watching it! It’s the nature of the beast. My 22 bounces up & down like that too. 32k and it’s running great.
Makes me feel so much better to hear someone else’s does the same thing! My dad instilled in me to always watch my gauges-but I guess that’s one I need to take my eyes off lol. I’ve got two small kiddos and sometimes im on pins and needles hoping this truck doesn’t crap out on us!

OP
OP
H

hjbennett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And as suggested in your previous thread, don't worry about it. Its only a 12v battery, which is what it drops down to anyway when you shut the motor off.

Granted it’s a totally different animal, but I'm pretty sure my Sierra drops to 10v ish at times, and that thing starts better than my Ram.
Such a different animal, and I’m really wishing I would have done more research on the Etorque before purchasing.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
This is an article from 09/2019. Does a decent job of explaining how the Etorque system works.

OP
OP
H

hjbennett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7