2024 powerwagon Steering dampner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snidlywiplash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dampner snapped off at shock rod end can’t tell how it’s did it it looks like it just snapped
Totally scared the sh-t out of me. It was wobbling a little and I thought I better check it out. Than i hit a sort of big bump on highway going about 60. I thought the wheel broke started jumping
Around and wobbling. There trying to. Say i hit something but. Can’t explain no damage around where it bolts up. Anybody got this problem
D

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thought I was having a stroke there for a second........anyway, its certainly a strange issue that would make the most sense if you did hit something. There's not a ton of force on that shock relative to how large the mounting hardware is, so snapping from regular use would be very unexpected.

Hard for us to do much investigative work without pictures.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Dampner snapped off at shock rod end can’t tell how it’s did it it looks like it just snapped
Totally scared the sh-t out of me. It was wobbling a little and I thought I better check it out. Than i hit a sort of big bump on highway going about 60. I thought the wheel broke started jumping
Around and wobbling. There trying to. Say i hit something but. Can’t explain no damage around where it bolts up. Anybody got this problem
D
2024 truck...sounds like a warranty issue to me. Contact your dealership to have them take a look.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum