2024 Ram Rebel Inside cab wind noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought 2024 Ram Rebel May 2024. Driving home from the dealer I heard wind noise in the cab driver side. Sounded like the wind noise was coming from the top of windshield. Took to carwash to make sure no water leakage and there was none. I noticed the wind noise after 30 mph. On the freeway the noise is loud. I took the truck to dealer with 325 miles on odometer. They removed the dash and resealed but the wind noise was still there. Than they replaced the front windshield but the noise is still there. The truck is in the shop again. Has anybody had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have as U see 2019 new 5th Gen, early build April 2018. Got same noise passenger door area, still there and be there whenever this truck ends up crushed at some boneyard.

OTHO: Wife had a 2010 F150, new build design, same noise, but drivers door.

Not sure if the rear cabin vents not help with the pressure from sealed cabins. BTBH, I just turn up the radio 2 bars and ignore.

ADDED: My Dad's bought brand new 1965 Buick Special, V6 Motor, only power was steering, AM Radio and Heater, noisy as heck. Seems they just not do a good job.

THINK more luck of the pick than anything else, IMHO...

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
23 Laramie. I’ve had the windshield replaced twice now. Both from catching rocks. After the first replacement glass I had wind noise coming from the lower right corner. You could put two fingers down between the glass & the dash and it would mute it out. Glass guy came back out and resealed the glass (I wasn’t there, wife was). No difference, so I stuffed a small black cloth down in where the noise was to mute it and went on with life.

Second replacement; I was intentionally there. Same glass guy doing the second replacement. With the glass pulled out, there is a soft rubber molding running along the firewall to fill the void between glass and the firewall. This molding was flattened out on the right end enough the glass wasn’t coming down onto it, leaving a small gap. I couldn’t manipulate the molding to get it to rebound to it’s original shape and wasn’t going to hold up the process to see about replacing it. New glass same noise, stuffed the same cloth back down in the void and moving on with life.

Don’t know why I didn’t hear the wind noise with the original glass but I don’t recall hearing it. Maybe I did and just didn’t notice it but was more aware after the replacement glass was installed.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check to make sure your door seal hasn't folded over.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KW_RAM