2025 engine light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mo-B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inline 6
2300 miles on new 2025 Laramie 1500, engine light comes on along with uconnect dropping off, took to dealer codes show 4 of 6 cylinders missing and needs an update for the uconnect , so far in two months of driving it screen went out, park assist does what it wants coming off and on, engine light on but truck runs fine codes say other wise, anyone else own one of these having problems, thanks in advance
EXACTLY the same situation with my 2025

Danield23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
So sorry to hear. The Engine light on my 22 Laramie came on within 100 miles of me driving it off the lot, brand new. Only 3 miles on it when I purchased it. Swapped injectors and replaced O2 sensors. Transmission chugs, tugs and gets stuck transitioning gears still to this day. Ended up dinging the front and back ends when the "chug and tug" overrode park assist. It was in the shop more than I drove it during first 60 days of ownership. Hard shifts out of park. But at least they got the engine light to finally turn off. Uconnect works about 60% of the time. Wireless phone charging pad has never worked.
I’ve had my 22 limited in for 3 months of the 9 I’ve owned it.

DonnyGhee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
twin 6
Same here 2025 Laramie 1500 at first the key fob would only open up the driver door, now my check engine light is on after one day of me not driving it. This truck is a POS! My 2022 didn't give me any issues!!!

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Two months and no follow up from the OP. Hope he’s not still trying to get it addressed.

Xynophire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Hurricane
I was hoping OP had gotten this resolved to put my mind at ease.

TL;DR: I bought a 2025 RAM Laramie tonight from a dealer four hours away and the CEL came on at 70 miles :(

I’ve wanted a RAM for a while and finally made the leap this evening after finding a pretty good price on one with the features I wanted. I’d been looking at the Limited but found this Laramie with all of the features I’d been looking for in the Limited at a much better price. The dealership was a few hours away but after speaking with them a few times by phone this week and working out a deal I decided to make the drive.

Everything went well, dealer staff were friendly and great to work with. Truck drives amazing, super comfy cabin with all the bells and whistles, sleek look, black on black with sport package. Couldn’t be happier with the vehicle when I drove off the lot. And the fuel economy was great on the trip home.

Left the dealer lot right around 8pm as they were closing to head home…. Engine light came on at 70 miles.

I’ve done some quick searches and apparently this is happening frequently based on posts I’ve found across the internet and some have been fixed with a software update while others appear to have longer on going issues.

The vehicle I traded was a 2020 Ford Explorer and it had transmission issues at 3k miles.. took several months of back and forth with Ford and the dealer to finally get that resolved but then I never really had any trouble from the Explorer. Maybe I’m just cursed at picking new cars…

I’m planning on taking it to the local dealership tomorrow when their service center opens to see about getting the code checked. I’m hoping that this is just a simple software issues and not an omen that I’m in for another long journey with a new vehicle.

If anyone else has any experience with this I’d love to hear how and if it’s been resolved.

Six Turboed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Inline 6 Twin Turbo
Uconnect had a brain sneeze, rebooted it and so far no problem. The parking brake comes on automatically sometimes and it tells about this in the book. I only have 490 miles (I think) I am going to put some miles on it so I can take it in and get my oil changed as we are planning a drive to go see the scenery. The extra insurance we purchased pays for my 2 oil changes each year for 5 years. I change my oil every six months regardless. It just habit at this point and we have never had a vehicle develop any problem oil related. I am hoping we do not have any difficulties with this truck. It’s just too dang nice to have troubles! HA! :)

Last edited:

Xynophire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Hurricane
A quick update on my RAM - it's at the dealership today. The CEL is throwing a P2AF5 which is a starter relay stuck open. The auto start/stop doesn't function and also the remote start, it turns on but then turns back off due to the CEL. The tech is leaning toward it being a defective battery so they're running diagnostics on both of the batteries. Hopefully they'll have it resolved this afternoon.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A quick update on my RAM - it's at the dealership today. The CEL is throwing a P2AF5 which is a starter relay stuck open. The auto start/stop doesn't function and also the remote start, it turns on but then turns back off due to the CEL. The tech is leaning toward it being a defective battery so they're running diagnostics on both of the batteries. Hopefully they'll have it resolved this afternoon.
Hopefully resolved. If U have SO motor run higher octane than 87. If U got HO motor premium required anyway.

Xynophire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Hurricane
Hopefully resolved. If U have SO motor run higher octane than 87. If U got HO motor premium required anyway.

I’ll keep that in mind about the octane when I get fuel in it the first time.

No resolution yet. Apparently a defect in the battery caused the fuse array to blow and the part they need to fix it is on backorder so it’s sitting at the dealership and might be for a while.

It’s my only vehicle so I’m hoping they’ll get the part quickly so I can get it back. Waiting on RAM to call me about getting something to drive in the meantime, the local dealer isn’t the dealer I bought it from so no loaner :(

I still love the truck, but disheartened and frustrated with the situation. It just hit 300 miles. 20 was on it when I bought it and 220 was the trip home from the selling dealer so I’ve only had about 60 miles of regular use out of it so far. DMV hasn’t even registered the transaction yet.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blown fuse box TIPM box under hood? Hmmm new one but than I am not a mechanic. Good luck on yer situation. Definitely run higher octane fuel than 87 if H have SO motor once U get ride back.

Xynophire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Hurricane
Blown fuse box TIPM box under hood? Hmmm new one but than I am not a mechanic. Good luck on yer situation. Definitely run higher octane fuel than 87 if H have SO motor once U get ride back.
Apparently it’s this thing that controls power between the main and auxiliary battery.

IMG_3833.jpeg

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7