2025 Engine Light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cman47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SST
510 miles on Brand new 2025 Laramie 1500 SST, engine light on, (Blind Spot alert unavailable service required message) in dash, blind spot-lights in mirror stuck on! really bad start with a new vehicle! dealer service dept working on the issue for two weeks, still not repaired.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have you made any changes to system via AlphaOBD or upgrades like new mirrors or taillights? Assume they were working correctly at first, did anything happen just before they went out or did you do anything like heavily washing the underbody or elsewhere with a high powered pressure washer? Did they check all fuses, make sure they are seated properly? Has wiring been checked for proper connection? Those are areas I would start at. Since they should have already run for codes my cheap next act would be to disconnect the battery, let it discharge and clear everything, and reconnect and run a couple of cycles (start, drive 20 or so minutes, shut down, repeat 2-3 times) especially if heavy water was encountered. If nothing out of ordinary in use and they can't diagnose then they may need to start throwing parts at it. Could be a bad sensor or module. Try connecting with @RamCares as well.

Good luck.

Here is a video to provide some help on how it works. https://youtu.be/_9KIn9uZqXE?si=tiNC2wC8BhBt86I5

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
510 miles on Brand new 2025 Laramie 1500 SST, engine light on, (Blind Spot alert unavailable service required message) in dash, blind spot-lights in mirror stuck on! really bad start with a new vehicle! dealer service dept working on the issue for two weeks, still not repaired.
Hi @Cman47,

Please send us a private message with more details of your concern, so we can look into this further. Thank you and we look forward hearing from you!

Gia
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Have you made any changes to system via AlphaOBD or upgrades like new mirrors or taillights? Assume they were working correctly at first, did anything happen just before they went out or did you do anything like heavily washing the underbody or elsewhere with a high powered pressure washer? Did they check all fuses, make sure they are seated properly? Has wiring been checked for proper connection? Those are areas I would start at. Since they should have already run for codes my cheap next act would be to disconnect the battery, let it discharge and clear everything, and reconnect and run a couple of cycles (start, drive 20 or so minutes, shut down, repeat 2-3 times) especially if heavy water was encountered. If nothing out of ordinary in use and they can't diagnose then they may need to start throwing parts at it. Could be a bad sensor or module. Try connecting with @RamCares as well.

Good luck.

Here is a video to provide some help on how it works. https://youtu.be/_9KIn9uZqXE?si=tiNC2wC8BhBt86I5
Hi @tron67j!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you ever have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Gia
Ram Cares